(Closed) Married Bees – did you & your hubby/wife give each other wedding gifts?

posted 8 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

We didn’t really give each other anything.  By the time the wedding happened we were not spending money on anything that wasn’t absolutely vital, so gifts didn’t happen.  But it wasn’t a big deal because I think we saw the honeymoon as our gift to each other.

Post # 4
593 posts
Busy bee

The honeymoon!

With the insane amount of spending that goes on for a wedding, I think if my husband had given me a gift my reaction would have been “Ok, enough is enough.”

Post # 5
1585 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Our honeymoon is our biggest gift to ourselves.  I may get him some cuff links to wear for the wedding though.

Post # 6
6661 posts
Bee Keeper

I second exactly what Rachel Leigh just said. We were so broke and had spent sooo much money at that point, we both had a silent understanding that there woudl be no big gift for each other. I sent my husband a card with a sweet note and he sent me flowers. No IPad like I had originally planned!

Post # 7
5154 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I gave him a boudior photobook I DIYed and a card πŸ™‚

He gave me a locket necklace πŸ™‚

Post # 8
2476 posts
Buzzing bee

We didn’t go out and buy gifts for each other.  We wrote each other cards that were exchanged on the morning of.  The best gifts that day were the vows we said to each other.  πŸ™‚

Post # 9
137 posts
Blushing bee

We decided not to get each other gifts, but we both ended up surprising each other with “act” gifts.

I surprised him by getting a Simpsons cake topper for the wedding cake.  It wasn’t so much a gift as a little surprise because he loves the Simpsons.

He surprised me by having my ring remade in platinum (we originally had it made in white gold, but my skin chemistry made it turn from a silver color to a gold color really quickly, so we had talked about having it remade after the wedding) and not telling me until the wedding day.

All of our finances are joint and neither one of us like giving/receiving random gifts, but it just worked out that we both planned something small for the other.

Post # 10
1562 posts
Bumble bee

he didn’t want to – but I told him I’d found something great for him so we did end up exchanging gifts. πŸ™‚

I gave him a pair of cufflinks with the vintage cubs logo on them (the 1969 “bear head”)…I gave them to him when we did our first look pics.

Then later on, during the reception, he gave me mine. I’m HUGE into my genaelogy and scrapbooking…and so he got me a wooden photo album with a “family tree” on the front of the cover – and on the bottom there’s a gold plaque that says “OurLastName Family” and under that “Est. June 26, 2010”.

it was TOO perfect!

Post # 11
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

We can’t go on our honeymoon till next summer so I’ve set up our “honeymoon” what I’m calling “Our First Married Date” for the Monday after we’re married. I’m going to have a trail of cards, we’ll go to his favorite restaurant in our collegetown where we’re getting married and end at a spa for a couples massage..mmm Smile Can’t wait!

Post # 12
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

We spent so much money on the wedding, but i did get him a card.

Post # 13
126 posts
Blushing bee

Just like most of you, we decided we’d spent enough money on the day of our dreams and weren’t going to do big presents.

Since we didn’t see each other before the ceremony, we wrote each other letters that said everything we wanted to say to each other. We had the MOH and BM deliver them to the hotel rooms where we were getting ready.

We also got each other something small. He gave me personalized stationary with our names, and I gave him a photo book of my bridal portraits that I secretly took around our old university (where we’d met, dated, gotten engaged, etc.).

Post # 14
3762 posts
Honey bee

My husband gave me a great gift.  It was a set of about 10 “rocks” each engraved with reasons why he loved me. 

I got him a nice pocket knife (collectable).

Post # 16
2821 posts
Sugar bee

We didn’t do cards or gifts.  It would have been nice to have written down thoughts prior to the wedding and then opened them years later but neither one of us actually did it.

The topic ‘Married Bees – did you & your hubby/wife give each other wedding gifts?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors