(Closed) Married in Jan. 2010 when invitations go out

posted 9 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
225 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Late invitations are my pet peeve since Mr. Dan and I are super-busy.  Send your invites at least 2 months in advance… So maybe the end of October, around Halloween?

Post # 4
739 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009 - Red Fish Grill

I agree with dannyb on the timeline.  8 weeks seems to be what most recommend.

As for fonts, it really depends on the tone that you want to set for your wedding.  That can range from casual and playful to elegant and formal.  I used two different fonts on my invitations, a script one for our names and something easier to read (Garamond) for the information.

You may want to browse the free fonts available online at sites like dafont to see what suits your mood.  There are so many!  Fonts are a great (and easy) way to tie everything together in your wedding (invitation, table cards, menus, favor tags, etc.).

As for wording in Spanish, Google search "invitaciones de boda".  That should help.

Have fun with it! :o)

Post # 5
3526 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I agree with the Halloween timeline…although I would get it out before Halloween. Just my personal preference about sending wedding invites out before a holiday that revolves around ghosts and death. And definitely, definitely get them out before the holiday season kicks into high gear!

Post # 6
944 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Vanessa,

If I’m using just regular print, not the eye catching kind say for you and your FH’s names, I love Poor Richard you can find in MS Word.  It’s pretty, simple but not just a regular Times Roman font.  Also, be careful using all lower case (some people do this) or all capitals, it can be very difficult to read.  One thing I learned when I was in graphic design courses, never use more than two fonts on one document as it can look too busy.  If you look at most invites you will see the names of the couple in a neat font and everything else in a different font. 

I also agree on the eight week mail out deadline.  Gives people to reserve rooms, which they should have already done by then (if you sent out save-the-dates), gives them time to purchase a gift, ask off for vacation if need be, etc.  If you send it out much earlier then people will actually forget about the wedding.  Not sure how that happens, I know I don’t, but some people are so busy it does happen.  Play it say and send out say the first week of November, won’t get lost in the Halloween craziness/candy, and will go on their calendar before people start going to holiday parties and preparing for Thanksgiving guests.

Hope this helps and hope I didn’t ramble too much!  I’m new too by the way!

The topic ‘Married in Jan. 2010 when invitations go out’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors