- 5 years ago
It seems that this song is becoming extremely popular for proposals and weddings… My very witty, Shakespeare-nut friend and I were discussing this, and to illustrate his point, he translated the lyrics into a monologue. Thought y’all might enjoy this 🙂
- “The night is adequately attractive to me, We’re looking to get ourselves into a situation that we both know isn’t going to be a good decision, I think I would like to join you in matrimony.
- Is it the fact that your eyes emit an appealing look? Or is it the fact that I’m very drunk? Anyways, let’s get married.
- I know a church where we can go and no one will know about it because we’re just hopping right into this instead of making all of your childhood dreams come true.
- I’m still very drunk and I have lots of money and no shame and I’m ready to get married and there’s no way you’re talking me out of it. Flippant, spur of the moment life decisions are the best kind.
- Don’t say no, just say yes. And we’ll go. Hey, are you okay with this also? I’m down, but what about you?
- The night is still attractive, And let’s do the dumbest thing, Which is getting married, apparently.
- Maaaybe it’s your eyes? It’s definitely the alcohol at this point. I’m still very ready to get married.
- Let me get in my car and I’ll drive to get a ring even though I’m extremely intoxicated. Heck, I don’t even have to drive, but I hope that the dealer has enough sense to let me dry out before he sells me anything, OR raises the price on everything to make BANK because HEY. I’M BRUNO MARS. DRUNK.
- Let the choir bells sing like “oooooooooooh” instead of “ding dong” like they’re supposed to. What do you want to do? Let’s run, girl, and get like 10 steps into the sprint before I fall over.
- If we wake up and We realize what we did and you want to break up, It’s whatever, really, except that the divorce process is extremely long and tedious, And I don’t realize that I’m getting REAL married, not like those 3 girls in elementary school that I “married” that one day. But whatever, I’m super drunk.
- I’m not taking no for an answer.
- The night is really pretty and so is this empty bottle in my hand.Getting married is stupid.
- I’m so drunk your eyes are gorgeous.
- Just say I do so I can go sleep this off.
- Getting married is stupid, let’s do it anyways.
- I’m still just… so so drunk.
Aw! How romantic! Thanks, Bruno!”
This cracks me up!