(Closed) Martina Liana 346

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@gkim:  Hi, I have this dress (uk size 8). I recently got married and am now looking to sell my dress. Send me a message if you are interested. J

Post # 4
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@Bjess:  hi,

sorry to crash your convo but I’m interested if you still selling it!!!

xxx

Post # 5
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Hi there, I have just seen your post. I have bought this dress, and just wanted some advice from someone who has worn it!! Did you have to wear a petticoat underneath in order to keep the shape? It is the most beautiful dress, and want the shape to be on show, but don’t want it sticking out too much? I would really appreciate some help on this!! Thanks xxx

Post # 6
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@excitedcas  I would be interested in knowing if others bought petticoats as well. I tried one on in my bridal store and it did not make such a huge difference that I felt compelled to get one. That being said, the sales woman said we could decided during the first alteration. Please let me know if you hear anything different

Post # 7
23 posts
Newbee

I wore a small hoop skirt & it was perfect – I was able to walk & it kept the dress away from my feet.  We made the skirt just by cutting down a hula hoop and creating a simple skirt that held the hoop at the bottom.  I’d definitely recommend wearing *something* under it.

If you’d like to see a picture our photog snapped where you can see the hoop skirt as I’m putting my dress on, just message me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 8
5 posts
Newbee

@chel_c:  Hi there I would love to see photos. Someone I have been talking to, sent me pictures of her dress without a petticoat, and I thought it fell a little flat (Mind you she still looked stunning!!) I’m really keen on getting the balance just right. What a good idea to use a hula hoop!! I don’t have a lot of creativity running through my veins, and have never heard of that one before! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
5 posts
Newbee

@excitedcas:  Sorry, also i have seen your other post, do you have a picture of what the dress looked like with the bustle? I’m not sure what a French bustle is. I have bought my dress second hand which already has a bustle (although I’m not too sure how many points) Many Thanks xx

Post # 10
2 posts
Wannabee

@chel_c:  Hey I’ve seen another post saying you got your ML 346 at Calla Bridal in Seattle as well! I just purchased mine a couple weeks ago. I, like many, realized that the only thing it needs is some structure. My dress doesn’t come until the first week of April, but I am already in awe of the hula hoop idea for structure (awesome). It would be so helpful to me to see a picture of how it functioned on your day. Do you still have the hula hoop? and, weird question, but if so, would be willing to sell/give it to me since we are both in Seattle?

Also, I am definitely going to do a French bustle, but I just haven’t seen enough bustle pictures to know how many points would be best with this dress. What did you do?

Thanks so much!

Post # 11
23 posts
Newbee

@wseattle0803:  Hey!  Stupid WeddingBee didn’t tell me you replied.  In ‘I can’t believe I am posting these on the internet” moment – here is what the ‘hoop’ skirt looked like.  It had just a stimple elastic waist, and the fabric contained the hoop, which we had cut down & played around w/ circumfrence at the fittings.

Post # 12
23 posts
Newbee

@excitedcas:  Hey!  I just posted above w/ pics of the skirt.  This was the best picture I could find of what my bustle looked like – it was a 5 point bustle. 

Post # 13
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Anyone still looking for the Martina Liana 346 dress.  I was just married 2 weeks ago and am interested in selling mine.  The dress is a size 10 however I am normally a dress size 6.  I am 5’3″ and wore 4 inch heals so the dress can fit someone up to the height of 5’7″ so long as you wear shorter shoes.  The dress can be altered to be taken in or even let out slightly.  You will want this to be done professionally, but they just remove the lace appliques, make the alterations and then re-sew to the dress so the dress still looks custom.  Let me know if you are interested Dress has been dry cleaned and is in original designer garment bag.

Also, I had a french bussle and it was stunning.  I did not require a petticoat and I think it was still very full looking.

Thanks!

The topic ‘Martina Liana 346’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors