- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2012
i’m in dire need of some decor advice!!!
my venue is all wood inside…looks like a barn, basically, but with new wood, so the color is lighter and glossy-ish. it’s going to be decorated in the doorways and main support beams throughout with 6′ grouping of branches that have white twinkle lights in them. in order to lighten up the space, we’re doing white chairs, white linen, possibly glass fleur plates cuz that’s what the caterer has and i’m not sure we can afford to rent white china.
i need some thematic advice, though…
- i planned to do centerpieces of branches with a couple gake flowers in color scheme to complement bridesmaid dresses.
- i would maybe have some small candles hanging off these as well, depends on the sturdiness of the branches.
- i love mason jars with candles. but that’s starting to feel like too much…unless i can put these elsewhere? thoughts???? i’ve seen reference of them hanging, but i’m pretty afraid of them falling on someone’s head!
- we want to display photos SOMEHOW. originally i wanted a slideshow, but now we don’t think we can afford an a/v set-up with a screen. we weren’t sure bringing in our tv frmo home would fit the venue/theme (we’re going rustic/vintage). now thinking about maybe various photos in frames…but where do these go? one on a table seems like a little much…is that tacky like look at my photos? or is it better to have like 15 photos framed throughout the space? or do a collage on a clothesline somewhere or something? thoughts?
- also might put up a flag cloth or paper banner somewhere…maybe near the food or bar.
- thinking about white paper lanterns from the ceilings.
just worrying this is all starting to muddle together. i have reference for each of these individually, but how do i get a good idea of how they would all look together? i want vintage/rustic charm rather than looking like etsy threw up on my wedding. hee hee!!!
thanks for any/all advice!!!