(Closed) May 16 2009- 40 days to go, ladies!

posted 9 years ago in May 2009
Post # 3
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

I have several things left on the to do list, but I think I have made the individual items much bigger than in reality they to be.  The big thing we have left is finalizing the rehearsal dinner plans. 

I had my shower this past weekend and it was so fun and made everything so real!

Post # 4
116 posts
Blushing bee

Well my dress just came in today…finally…it’s a month late! So I have alterations to do. I still have to do my programs, seating chart, place cards, order floralyes for centerpieces, and get wedding shoes!!!

Also, my FMIL is doing all the flower, and while she has everything bought, she hasn’t put them together yet, so she has my bouquet, 12 bouts, 6 bm bouquets and 8 corsages!!!

wow, I didn’t realize how much we had left to do!

Post # 5
773 posts
Busy bee

I’m still working on some DIY projects (cake topper, misc signs for things), I need to finish setting up our candy bar, fill our pouches of lavender for the "rice toss", finish setting up my song list with the DJ, reroute our flights (long story), do my bridesmaid’s luncheon invites, get caught up on thank you notes (i’ve gotten about 10 million gifts already), finalize my cake design plans, finalize our groom’s cake order, finalize our programs etc etc etc.  It’s all small finishing details, but MAN are there a lot of them.

Post # 6
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

I feel exactly the same – I just had my first dress fitting, so that is out of the way, but still have to take care of bridesmaids’ gift, my veil, finishing the favors (one of them is done), table numbers and escrot cards and seating chart, and like Amandopolis, I have only gotten out like 5 thank you cards and havae to sit down to do those.  I feel like after the wedding I will be inundated with them so I have got to get a head start.  Still have to also do the DJ list and programs, too. It feels like the details are what is stressing me a little.  BUT, I can’t believe that past 10 months have gone by so fast.  I know the next month or so will fly by!

Post # 7
3332 posts
Sugar bee

I keep thinking that it seems like just yesterday when we got engaged!  It’s been almost a year!!  I still have SO may things to do, but I’m trying to stay relaxed and organized.  I had my 2nd dress fitting on Saturday and have meetings with our photographer and DJ in the next couple of weeks.  I also just scheduled my hair and make-up trials. 

Can you believe it’s coming up so soon?!

Post # 8
216 posts
Helper bee

I’ve been trying to get gratification out of making a long list of little stuff, and crossing everything off as I go….it makes me feel like I’m making progress when I see all the tasks with lines drawn through them.  I still have a lot of signs, the tablecards, flowers and decorating to do.  I have final appointments will all my vendors booked for the same day at the rehearsal, and they’re all coming to me, so I’m hoping to feel veeeeery productive that day! Watching the weather like a hawk as well!

Post # 9
3332 posts
Sugar bee

West Coast Bride, I have been making lists like you wouldn’t believe.  It actually makes me feel better, because then I can see that I’m actually accomlishing something!  I need to finish programs and placecards, among other things.

How’s the weather forecast where you are?  So far, we’re looking good at 67 degrees and partly cloudy…

The topic ‘May 16 2009- 40 days to go, ladies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors