(Closed) May 2010 brides – anyone starting to freak out for no good reason??

posted 8 years ago in May 2010
Post # 3
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I completely understand you! Today I was like, omg, it’s 2010, almost 4 months until the wedding!  I’ve been engaged since September 08 so I always felt like I had plenty of time but now it’s getting so close!

I have the major stuff done. Fi is in charge of the honeymoon, which is a surprise for me, but he hasn’t booked it yet. (He is laid back about planning like your FI).  He’s also in charge of the limos and dj which he has dont yet either lol but I’m not worried because I know he’ll get it taken care of.

Your list of to do’s is not bad at all, you’ll have plenty of time to get it taken care of!

Post # 4
317 posts
Helper bee

I’m getting married on May 1, too! Congrats!  Four more months is plenty of time for your to-do list–I’m a lot more behind on this stuff than you are!

Post # 5
9 posts
Newbee

Oh goodness. anything big hanging over my head? ine one very big word. YES!!!!!

I am a horribel procrastinator. injust the last month I’ve finally found a dress. I’m having it custom made and I still have to send the lady my measurments, ordered my shoes, picked colors and a theme, gotton closer to picking bridesmaid’s dresses.

I still have to figgure out the detial of the bridesmaid’s dresses, find someone to mc the reception, decide on table center peices, figgur out what I’m going to do for my boquae, figgur out what I’m going to do with my hair, the rest of my outfit, music list for reception, design invites, finilize guest list, figgur out wedding day transport. the list goes on lol.

Post # 6
294 posts
Helper bee

I am actually feeling good even though I know there is lots to do! I accomplished a good but this past week! I am working with the girl doing my invitations and we should be getting them by March 1! We have had our engagement pictures now waiting on the proofs that should be there this week and then have the Save the Dates printed and sent out! I have picked flowers, dress, bridesmaid dresses, cake, and now going tomorrow to register and pick out suits for the men! I feel that I have done good considering we got engaged November 20! 🙂 We are doing lots of DIY stuff so we plan on starting on that next weekend after we go to my parents!

Post # 7
11 posts
Newbee

It’s hard to believe that it’s coming up so quickly. We’ve been engaged since March 2008 and, even though I have all the major things done, I am starting to freak out majorly! Anyone else started with the wedding nightmares? The last few nights, I’ve been having a nightmare that it’s the wedding and I forgot to mail the invitations!

Post # 8
111 posts
Blushing bee

I just booked the venue, got a dress….. May seems close but 4 months is still a decent amount of time.  Stay positive!

Post # 9
9 posts
Newbee

I’m sorry but I had to chuckle at richmondbride’ comment. I haven’t had any dreams about the wedding where I realize I’m marrying the wrong guy or something like that but….. I have had several dreams where it was the wedding day and we forgot to do or get some very significant things. One dream I had was that it was the wedding day I had my dress and we had a reception hall, every one is there and I start getting ready only to relize that we hadn’t gotten anyn thing else. no decorations or food lol. so Don’t worry I’m sure as long as you have family helping you everything will work out nicely.

I gotta say I’m gratful for my sisters, mom, and fiance for keeping me on track.

Post # 10
173 posts
Blushing bee

yup. I am starting to get a  little overwhelmed. My goal this week is to get the final 3 addresses confirmed for the guest list. I also have to reach out to the officiant and to the florist this week.

The honeymoon would be booked if we could agree on where to go…

Good luck ladies!

Post # 11
41 posts
Newbee

I’m so glad someone posted this. I’ve been feeling really overwhelmed. I still have to put a deposit on cake and officiant. And the invitations are still not here yet. Ahhhhh! And I still don’t have a makeup/hair person.

Post # 12
925 posts
Busy bee

wow you sound exactly like me!  I have to work on the same things, but everything else is already taken care of.  I’m totally getting nervous about it!

<input id=”gwProxy” type=”hidden” /><input id=”jsProxy” onclick=”jsCall();” type=”hidden” />

Post # 13
1040 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

We just changed our date from June 26, 2010 to May 1, 2010…meaning I have a whole list of things to do! Anyone else feeling their DIY projects slip away from them as the 100-day countdown approaches?

Post # 14
102 posts
Blushing bee

Oh my gosh colette27, you are doing great with your planning!  We are getting married on May 22nd and my to do list is shamefully longer than yours.  Good job!

Post # 15
149 posts
Blushing bee

I’m getting married May 14th… and I don’t even have a venue! Granted, we just got engaged before the holidays and decided on a short engagment… But I’m still rather freaked out about getting everything done! I have a dress picked out, and I bought a veil too… and have my jewlery. And am visiting venues this week (two close by are available) and I’ve delegated jobs to friends (officiant, DJ, cake, ect.) So, I guess its coming along? As soon as I get venue worked out, I feel like other things will come a long a little quicker. Like invites can get started and I’ll know if I need to find a caterer… I just feel like its all so ‘big picture’. I really try not to think about it so I DON’T freak out. That would make it all harder. 

Post # 16
9 posts
Newbee

LOL,I saw this post while looking for hair/makeup people posts, and worrying about starting my DIY invitations and finding a reputable place to get my sample sale dress altered. (Just cus I got it at a sample sale doesn’t mean I would trust just anyone to it!) I’m getting married May 15, and while we have most of our vendors and just ordered our rings, and we feel this week we are in a good place, the budget is way over, and I still need dress alterations and beauty people!

and oh yeah…invitations. and finalizing the guest list…

sigh! Good luck ladies! Hope your weddings are all you dream of!

The topic ‘May 2010 brides – anyone starting to freak out for no good reason??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors