May 2013 Babies Part 3

posted 1 year ago in Pregnancy
668 posts
Busy bee

Due Date:  Sometime in May :)

First child? Yes

Team Pink/Blue/Green/Undetermined:  Green!

Oddest pregnancy symptom to date:  Mushrooms on pizza have a fish taste to me now… odd

Feel any fetal movement yet: Not yet

Best pregnancy moment so far: Hearing the heartbeat (allong with hearing kicks and flips too)

Any words of advice for fellow May mamas? Pregnancy pillow FTW

and for giggles, post a funny picture of yourself (if you like): Can’t  post right from work.

266 posts
Helper bee

Due Date:  May 8

First child? Yep!

Team Pink/Blue/Green/Undetermined: Undetermined. I’ll have a team in a few weeks!

Oddest pregnancy symptom to date:  That I’ve had no symptoms?

Feel any fetal movement yet: Nope, but my OB said I should any day now.

Best pregnancy moment so far: My first U/S and hearing the heart beat.

Any words of advice for fellow May mamas? Get preggo leggings! So comfy!

and for giggles, post a funny picture of yourself (if you like): I know some people IRF that are on this site so I’d like to remain annonoymous. :(

646 posts
Busy bee

Due Date: Cinco de Mayo!!

First child? Yup and I’m still terrified!

Team Pink/Blue/Green/Undetermined: green!!

Oddest pregnancy symptom to date: dizziness when I roll from my left side to my right but not when going right to left. 

Feel any fetal movement yet: not yet

Best pregnancy moment so far: DH’s grandmother lighting up at hearing baby’s heart beat on the hand held doppler

Any words of advice for fellow May mamas? Kiwis are delicious. Get some. 

and for giggles, post a funny picture of yourself (if you like): on my phone so no pic

Most satisfying thing you’ve eaten this week: IHOP pancakes. They were everything I’d hoped for :-)

Had to throw my own in there. I love hearing what others are eating!!

438 posts
Helper bee

Due Date:  May 24

First child? Yep!

Team Pink/Blue/Green/Undetermined: Undetermined. We’ll find out right before Christmas.

Oddest pregnancy symptom to date:  I guess they all seem pretty normal

Feel any fetal movement yet: Nope, can’t wait!

Best pregnancy moment so far: N/T scan yesterday and seeing a baby that really looks like a baby! Also seeing him/her dance and squirm around.

Any words of advice for fellow May mamas? I have been slacking on the exercise front, but always feel better when I get out for a walk–so my advice is move even when you don’t feel like it!

and for giggles, post a funny picture of yourself (if you like): Me and DH during our cake cutting.

438 posts
Helper bee

@peanuthead:  Omggg I have been OBSESSED with kiwis. I used to peel them but now I just cut and half and spoon the yumminess out.

4867 posts
Honey bee

@iheartnerds:  I just realized we’re due date twins!

Due Date: May 12th (Mother’s Day!)

First child? Yes, this is our first.

Team Pink/Blue/Green/Undetermined: Undetermined, but gosh I wish I knew! We find out on December 14th.

Oddest pregnancy symptom to date: What symptom HAVEN’T I had? Constant nasueau, everyday puking, face breaking out like a teenager, super tired all the time. I’m so happy that my symptoms are starting to fade a bit and my baby bump is beginning to show =)

Feel any fetal movement yet: Nope, but I’ve had a lot of little sharp pains from stretching and whatnot.

Best pregnancy moment so far: The moment I saw the positive sign! I’ve had so many moments where I thought maybe I was and got a negative, so I wasn’t even really paying attention since it was the first month we were actually trying I thought no way would it happen that fast…I seriously thought my eyes were playing tricks on me when that second line appeared! Took a good hour for me to stop shaking!

Any words of advice for fellow May mamas? Listen to your stomach! Seriously, whenever I try to eat something that doesn’t sound like it’s 100% a good idea…it comes back up.

and for giggles, post a funny picture of yourself (if you like): Don’t have any on this computer, sorry =(

166 posts
Blushing bee

Due Date: 24th May

First child? Yup

Team Pink/Blue/Green/Undetermined: Undetermined atm, but anatomy scan is on the 22nd Dec so fx we find out then!! 

Oddest pregnancy symptom to date: Suddenly I’m lactose intollerant. I have been horribly sick and the Dr ran lots of tests and we have discovered that milk and other dairy product are my nemisis. 

Feel any fetal movement yet: Not yet, my midwife has also told me that as my placenta is in front of bub it might take me a bit longer to feel anything. 

Best pregnancy moment so far: Getting the results of the NT scan and seeing bubs little feet and hands. 

Any words of advice for fellow May mamas? Sleep lots and try not to watch suspensful movies…they put my bp waaayyyy up these days lol. 

and for giggles, post a funny picture of yourself (if you like):
This is my brother and I on my wedding day :)

473 posts
Helper bee

Due Date: May 16th, my grandfather’s birthday :)

First child? Yep

Team Pink/Blue/Green/Undetermined: We find out right before Christmas

Oddest pregnancy symptom to date: i had some tingling and numbness in my right wrist/ arm. Dr said it could be pregnancy-related carpal tunnel and gave me exercises. 

Feel any fetal movement yet: not yet. I’m only 14w3d, so prob not for another month

Best pregnancy moment so far: telling family :)  

Any words of advice for fellow May mamas? I got nothin’… I’m struggling a lot with hormones and hearing unwanted advice CONSTANTLY… so if anyone has advice on dealing with that…

316 posts
Helper bee

Due Date:  May 14th!

First child? Yes

Team Pink/Blue/Green/Undetermined: Undetermined as of now

Oddest pregnancy symptom to date:  Smelling everything!!! 

Feel any fetal movement yet: Not yet

Best pregnancy moment so far: Hearing LO’s heartbeat

Any words of advice for fellow May mamas?  Make sure to eat snacks in between meals, helps a lot with sickness.

and for giggles, post a funny picture of yourself (if you like):  At work, don’t have any on this computer…booo!

276 posts
Helper bee

Due Date:  May 14th

First child? Yes

Team Pink/Blue/Green/Undetermined: Team pink/blue… we find out Dec. 27th :)

Oddest pregnancy symptom to date:  Sneezing… all.the.time.

Feel any fetal movement yet: Not yet… though I did feel something bubbly yesterday but I can’t say for sure if it was the bean!

Best pregnancy moment so far: Seeing the baby dance around at our second ultrasound and having the US pics actually look like a baby and not just a gummy bear…

Any words of advice for fellow May mamas?  Snag some maternity pants… even if you don’t feel like you need them at this point… they are WONDERFUL.  It’s all about comfort :)

and for giggles, post a funny picture of yourself (if you like):  Any picture taken of me right now would probably be funny… since I feel just large and in charge… patiently (that’s a lie) waiting for a bump so I feel like I’m pregnant and not just a whale :)

338 posts
Helper bee

Due Date:  May 29

First child? yes!

Team Pink/Blue/Green/Undetermined: maybe team green… maybe team undetermined? we keep changing our minds :)  

Oddest pregnancy symptom to date:  i’m trying to blame this on pregnancy, but anyone else have less patience?! i kind of felt like a bit of a short tempered monster this week. sorry DH! 

Feel any fetal movement yet: still too early; but can’t wait for this!

Best pregnancy moment so far: watching my husband’s face during our NT scan! and hearing the heart beat for the first time

Any words of advice for fellow May mamas? bring lots of water with you everywhere! too many times have i been out and about and had to go buy a bottle of water because i already drank all of my water and i’m thirsty! must invest in a large water bottle…

And for giggles, post a funny picture of yourself (if you like): sorry, i like my anonymity on WB :)

Most satisfying thing you’ve eaten this week: a hamburger DH grilled for dinner. i ate it cut up in pieces with no bun & dipped it in teriyaki sauce. it was SO good!

@peanuthead:  i like your question so i added it to mine :) i’m always wondering what people are eating too! 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.