May 2014 Babies!!! Part 2

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Will you be "team green" or are you finding out the gender as soon as you can?
    Yes : (23 votes)
    44 %
    No : (14 votes)
    27 %
    I am Team Green!! : (13 votes)
    25 %
    I am not sure yet : (2 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 3
    264 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

@MrsR4ever:  thanks again  in for being the May coordinator 

I am approaching 13 weeks,  the news is out and I am wearing maternity pants.  This pregnancy is starting to feel pretty real! We made our first baby purchase yesterday,  we bought a baby video monitor because it was 100 bucks off!  Has anyone else started shopping? 

Post # 4
    241 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@MrsR4ever:  Thanks for opening Part II!  I learned at my U/S that my due date has changed to May 22 – can you please change it on the list next time you do an update?  It’s my brother’s birthday, so I hope that it works out that way… though how often does that really happen? Haha. 

Post # 5
    284 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

@MrsR4ever:  Thanks so much for updating the new board!  I love hearing how everyone is doing even though I’ve been a little mia!

@mtler:  I will be 13 weeks on Thursday and have bought diapers so far 🙂  Where did you find a video monitor 100 bucks off?  That sounds like a great deal!  So exciting that it is starting to feel real for you.  

@TraLo: Congrats on the weddding!  Sounds like it was a beautiful affair!  Can’t wait to see pics!

AFM:  I am still in my regular clothes but just feeling overall chubby, not preggers.  Things are getting tighter, but I’m holding out on maternity pants for a little while.  I’m excited to get the belly but not so excited to wear maternity clothes lol!  Hope everyone is well!

Post # 6
    582 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

@MrsR4ever: Thanks for updating the board!  Anyone’s appetite go from none to MUST EAT NOW? lol  Had a good breakfast and a banana for a mid morning snack, and I’m HUNGRY!

Post # 7
    264 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

@mjfaris6:  it was from Costco.ca  my husband came across it last night and the sale ended yesterday so we jumped on it.  It’s the summer infant complete coverage.  It has a 7inch  monitor and a 3.5 handheld.  I am 13 weeks on Thursday too!  But I gave been measuring ahead so I am already measuring 13.2

Post # 8
    185 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

@MrsR4ever:  Thanks for updating the list!! I am 12 weeks today, so really happy.

We have a halloween party on Saturday night so I think I’m going to tell the group of friends that will be at that party by wearing the pregnancy skeleton shirt as my costume! Has anyone else seen this? I bought the non-gender specific iron on and already have a perfect black shirt I can put it on. I don’t think they have any idea, so I’m excited to announce this way.  Still waiting until at least 14 weeks to tell everyone, but I’m really close to this group of friends.  I hope everyone has a great week!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/82603055/maternity-skeleton-applique-diy-heat?ref=shop_home_feat

Post # 9
    190 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

@MrsR4ever:  Thanks for starting part 2!!

I am also nearing 13 weeks and I’m still in regular clothes…elastic waist…but it’s starting to get annoying. My belly is definitely beginning to grow for real and the pants are cutting me in the middle so I have two bulges separated by the waist of my pants…not attractive.

Inbetween doing actual work today I have been looking on Target and Old Navy at clearance items, thinking of purchasing a few things. I absolutely HATE online shopping though bc I despise paying shipping and then having to return things that don’t fit. But, I’ve been browsing in a few stores and there is really nothing good maternity wise so I feel like online shopping is the only choice. A cousin of mine passed down all her maternity clothes to me last year and I have a few things but most of what she had was extremely worn or not my style so I definitely need more. One of my friends also wants to let me borrow some things so hopefully we will get around to that soon.

Aside from telling our parents, we haven’t told anyone else. My husband’s parents were super excited and his dad was already laying down the law to my husband about I get whatever I want (I liked this one!) and I 100% have to breastfeed, absolutely no formula (…I feel like this a private/personal choice so that was weird). My husband keeps asking when I will tell my siblings because I know he desperately wants to tell his.

As for the rest of our friends…that’s gonna be a little awkward. We have a Christening this weekend and my husband didn’t see the problem with us quietly telling everyone but I don’t feel like someone else’s event is not the place for this.  We thought about seeing if it just comes out or maybe sayng something at the end when everyone is leaving but….I really can’t hide this burgeoning bump much longer. Last night I tried on the dress I was intending to wear followed by several others and it is just getting too obvious. And I’m not buying something new just for this reason. I told my husband we might have to call the parents ahead of time and give them a heads up like we didn’t want any attention on xx’s day but the bump is starting to show… .  Eek! Does this make us awful people!?!

Post # 10
    2114 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

@MrsR4ever:  Thanks! Still sinking in, feeling bretter  about it every day, but common, who wouldn’t be scared shitless? I think I can be honest with you ladies. Another bee said it best, “I”m in for the ride of  my life”. 

Post # 11
    567 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

@MrsR4ever:  Thanks for keeping us all together with the new board!  Much appreciated *Hugs*

@mtler:  I haven’t splurged on maternity clothes yet, but my mom has been obsessing about it apparantly…She has it all figured out how many dress pants I’ll need, how many tops I’ll need, how manny pair of jeans I’ll need…I just laughed at her, she’s done more thinking about it than I have!

@OfficeBride:  My appitite is all over the boards! One minute I’ll be fine, the next I’m ravenous!!  It’s non-negotiable, I need to put someing….ANYTHING in my tummy NOW! Then I sit down for a meal, and can only eat a quarter of what I used to be able to eat. It’s amazing how your body tells you what it needs. Mine needs something every 2 hours apparantly!

Post # 12
    284 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

@MrsF13:  Ahh I bought one of those too!  I have my appt on the 30th so I’m going to wear the shirt the next day to school to announce to students and the faculty that does not know!  Such a cute shirt!!!

@mtler:  How exciting to be measuring ahead!  I haven’t been measured since 9 weeks, but I was measuring right on at that appt!  Dang it on the deal being over, sounded like a good one!  I’ll have to keep my eye out!

@OfficeBride:  I cannot figure out how much I need to eat to balance my nausea.  I could eat 5 bites and that might be too much and I’ll get nauseaus, then another day I can eat a full on meal, it is frustrating!  Luckily I haven’t gotten sick yet.

Post # 14
    416 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@MrsR4ever:  I am also 10 weeks! Feels like a milestone! Congrats lady!

Would you mind changing me to May 19? They updated mine based on conception 🙂

Post # 16
    2114 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

@MrsR4ever:  Yes, my family’s reaction was just priceless, they seem more overjoyed than when it was assumed to be just one…I’m sure they will be changing their tuen when these babies come and they are at my house 12 hours a day helping me adjust! lol.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors