May 2014 Babies: Part 4!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
1689 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I wish I could be organized enough to be at the stage to put hospital bags together! Kudos to you 🙂 We are 30 weeks sunday and I am still waiting on my results from my Harmony DNA test. I am feeling really on edge the last number of days and just ready for the waiting game to be over. We should have our results back early next week. 

I think once we find out either way, I will be ready to move and and enjoy my pregnancy… and start getting things accomplished 🙂 

Post # 3
4526 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

PacificMrs:  Thank you for starting this new Thread.  The other did get long. 

I am waiting for after my shower, this weekend, to start packing my hospital bag.  Since my placenta is still marginal, my OB went right ahead and scheduled my C-Section on May 12, unless things change, so I at least have a date to be ready for.

Mrs.H2B:  I was just thinking about your test and was wondering if you got it back.  Keep us posted!  I am rooting for clear and promising results!

Post # 4
3514 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

MrsR4ever:  OMG! We’re no longer due date twins :/ this breaks my little heart! lol either way I hope your baby boy is super healthy! Are you soo excited for your shower?!

I’m 30 weeks and 4 days today and it feel so surreal to believe that this Sunday I’ll only have 9 weeks left!! Like really that’s it 9 weeks?

Idk how you mommies feel but it’s so bitter sweet for me! Yes I can’t wait until he’s here and I get to hold him and kiss him but I’m a little sad that I’ll no longer be able to kick those kicks.

We’re almost done mamas!

Post # 5
4526 posts
Honey bee

eecuadrado:  Awe, dont be heartbroken yet.  My stupid placenta can move, leading to no longer needing a C-Section, so for now I am keeping my May 18 due date, so we are still EDD twins! hee hee 🙂

I am very happy the shower is coming, but also very anxious about it. I keep thinking something will go wrong or we might not have enough time or me dealing with eveyryone might be too much.  I am being silly! …. and I know what you mean, I am so happy to getting closer to meet this little man, but at the same time I am going to miss him moving in there. 

Post # 6
3514 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

MrsR4ever:  aww okay I won’t be heartbroken yet! I hope that bad boy moves! lol

I hope your shower goes perfectly! Just remember no stressing on the day of your shower and enjoy it as best you can esp the food lol that’s what I plan on doing *people talking to me* and I’ll be chopping away lol

Yeah it’s gonna be a little sad! I’m sure his kick outside the womb aren’t gonna be as precious lol

Post # 7
1025 posts
Bumble bee

Mrs.H2B:  when are you due to get the results? My everything is crossed for you. 

MrsR4ever:  omg have fun at your shower! Take lots of photos for us!!! 

I had a doctors appointment today. Nothing interesting in the least. Heartbeat is good, baby is head down and a good size. I avoided looking at the scale. I am so exhausted and so grumpy. I feel like all I do is complain about how uncomfortable I am. The doctor laughed at me, when he I asked how I’ve been doing I told him done. Although he did write me my prescription for a breast pump so that insurance can pay for it. Mum mom seems so annoyed with this, she doesn’t understand why I won’t just take my sisters. Ummm no gross.

I was not going to rant and bring this up, but if I don’t I am going to explode. I am having the second grand baby on my side for my parents. Everything is ALL about my sister ‘when your sister was pregnant’, ‘when your sister had her baby’, ‘your sister still has….. So don’t buy one’. Fuck this crap (sorry bees). I’m am soooo tired of hearing about it, and I honestly think my baby deserves new things too, not that I am against used in any way, but no I don’t want your old covered in dog hair nursing pillow!!!! I am so tired of being compared to my sister. My mom has also made it no secret that she is dissapointed that I am not having a girl, and why wouldn’t she be, she already has a grandson. She is constantly saying how her favourite grandson this that and the next thing….. Thanks. 

Whine whine whine. I don’t know how you ladies deal with me. 

I would give my kidney right now for a glass of red wine with the promise that it would in absolutely no way harm my blue bear. 

Post # 8
582 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

PacificMrs:  Thanks for starting a new thread!

I’m 31 weeks and 3 days, wowzers!  And with twins, it could be earlier than later, so we’ll see!  Now that the shower has happened I’m in super nesting mode, so is DH, and we’re trying to get so much done.  And of course, the day after our shower when I wanted to clean some of the new clothes we got – our washer broke.  So that’s a new thing we’ll have to buy that we weren’t planning on ugh.

Glad to know I’m not the only one who will miss being pregnant – it really is an incredible thing the further along we get!

Post # 9
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

OMG!  I envy all of you that will miss being pregnant!  I cannot wait for this little girl to leave the womb so I can start to feel normal again!!!  I know it will take awhile, but still I am ready to be done!  That being said I want her to stay and cook up until my due date!  I am so uncomfortable these days, not to whine but I am and I hear it is only going to get worse!!  I’m super excited for all of you and your upcoming showers!  

MrsR4ever:  I was also nervous for my showers, but ended up having a great time!  I always get nervous for these types of things!  Hopefully you can relax and have a great time, everyone there wants what is best for you 🙂

I cannot believe how close we are all getting!  So exciting!  Hope everyone is feeling okay and looking forward to meeting everyone’s LOs!

Post # 10
567 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hi Ladies!  So great to see a part 4 for our group!  I know my due date says the 24th but my doctor has moved me to the 22nd…So if that’s the case I hit 30 weeks today! It’s mind boggling to think that in 10 weeks my husband and I will welcome our own sweet little baby into the world!  Are we ready?  NO!!!  I’ve got 3 sleepers, and 4 undershirt onsie thingers, and that’s it! Oh, and a crib in a box. The nursery isn’t painted, or even cleared out for that matter…I’m kind of stressing.

I’m trying really hard not to panic tonight, as I realize I haven’t felt baby moving very much at all today…I was so busy at work, but usually once I get home and put my feet up I feel baby partying in there but tonight…nothing 🙁  I know this could be normal, so I’m trying not to worry….Usually laying on my side is a surefire way to get baby kicking, I think he/she gets annoyed that some of their space is getting smooshed and it starts hoofing me.  But not tonight 🙁  I’ll be alright…hopefully tomorrow I’ll have more movement.

Post # 11
1689 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m not sure who here follows Facebook and I also posted an update on the thread I started regarding our prenatal testing experience, but I thought I would share on here as well. We got our phone call yesterday and our chances for having a baby with Down syndrome have gone from 1/73 to 1/10,000. I hate to use the words “excited” and “good news” because I know we would have been okay no matter what, but I feel that just having a more concrete answer is a huge weight off my shaulders and we can continue on these next 10 weeks with a little bit less stress. Thanks to all of you for your positive thoughts. 🙂

Post # 12
4526 posts
Honey bee

eecuadrado:  That is one thing I need to remember, enjoy the food! At my bridal shower and wedding I ate nothing, because I was so excited and nervous at the same time lol …. DH said “you better eat this time” haha ….. I will!

PoppyH:  Thank you, love! I will most likely share some pics on our little private FB group 🙂  As far as your mother, I am sorry but she needs to shut it! It’s so hurtful that someone (especially your mother) is saying such things to you.  You should try to tell her how this is making you feel.  Who cares if you are having a boy and she already has a grandson, this is your baby and she should be happy that you are carrying a HEALTHY BABY no matter whether its a boy or girl…. I am sure, in a way, she doesnt realize what she is saying its harsh, so try to bring it up, if you want, of course!  And dont worry about the whining.  I think at this point, we are all feeling some sort of discomfort or just plain tired.  Last night I yelled at my poor little fur baby because she had an accident, which was my DH’s fault to start with.  He took her out, but she didnt go right away, so she came back inside and did it in the house, so as I was cleaning it, I yelled at her and pushed her away (not hard) but just away from me.  That poor little thing was so sad after that.  And of course, I cried as I apologized to my doggy.  Sigh! … I think you and I need get this wine together! haha … Feel better, hon 🙂

OfficeBride:  Oh man! I hate when things break in the house 🙁 especially now, that you are getting ready for two babies, you should not have to deal with it, you know….ay yi yi!

mjfaris6:  Thank you 🙂 I am sure I will feel much better once I get there and start enjoying everyones company.  And dont get me wrong, I am happy to be pregnant and part of me doesnt want this to end, because I feel so close to my little boy, but part of me wants him out so bad already, because I cant sleep anymore, my hips hurt, he moves and moves and moves (which is great) but it makes me sore and well, you get the point haha!!!! so you are not alone at wanting your LO to be out 🙂

Songbird29:  maybe S/He found a very comfortable spot last night, got all cozy and went night night 🙂  Hopefully you feel some movement today!

Mrs.H2B:  I did read your update on FB and I am happy for you!  YAY!!!! 🙂

Post # 13
582 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Songbird29:  Hey – I had the same thing happen to my yesterday and I ended up going to triage to have it checked and all was fine.  The nurse mentioned that the bigger the babies get the more sleep they need, so they won’t move as much.  Have some orange juice/sugar and see if that helps.  Otherwise, I don’t think there’s any harm in getting it checked just to be sure.  One thing yesterday’s experience taught mne is that clearly I will be worrying about these little guys for the rest of my life 🙂

Post # 14
190 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

PacificMrs: & MrsR4ever:  Thanks ladies! I’ve been slacking logging onto the bee this week, in any case, my appointment went well. I saw the NP this time and last saw her on my 2nd OB appt. where she was very gruff and basically said I was gaining too much weight already, need to exercise, etc. This time she gave me an A++…perfect weight gain, perfect BP, perfect thyroid and sugar, perfect HB for baby, she’s head down, etc. so overall it was a good appointment!

MrsR4ever:  I hope you have a FABULOUS time this weekend at your shower! I don’t think baby will let you forget to eat this time around. At my shower they had put bruschetta on the tables before guests started arriving and let’s just say every table was missing a piece or two via yours truly before anyone got there! 🙂

Mrs.H2B:  I posted on FB yesterday but I’m glad you got concrete, definitive results and can now just move forward with the remainder of your pregnancy.

Songbird29:  I hope baby is back to his/her usual self today. I absolutely hate, hate, hate the days when they are less active and will never get used to it.

PoppyH:  I am with you 100%…you have every right to want NEW stuff and your OWN things for your first baby and I wish your family would realize that. I also get the gender disappointment thing…there was an awful lot of presure for our baby to be a boy (in my husband’s culture the oldest *should* be a boy and his brother had a girl first). I know for a fact my father-in-law was/is disappointed this is another first girl but guess what, he’s gonna love this baby when she’s here just like he did with our niece.

I’m jealous of all you ladies in nesting mode…I have really lost my edge. I don’t know if it’s simply disappointment (slefish, I am totally aware) about how much we didn’t receive from our shower or just being tired in general but I’m hoping it kicks in again soon.

My husband and I are actually planning to go registry shopping tomorrow. I’m also slightly disappointed that the BBB registry completion coupon is only 10%. I had planned to do it in pieces using their usual 20% off coupons but I haven’t been receiving many in the mail (currently only have one that isn’t expired) and I feel like we just need to get the rest of the stuff and get organizing. Luckily I received one generous gift card at my shower and we recently returned a ton of unused items from our wedding registry to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and received a store credit which we can use at BBB. So we should be okay, I hope!

Post # 15
1060 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Hey May Mommas!! August momma popping in here for some opinions on prenatal classes. Mine was just recently scheduled for when I am about 20 weeks (It’s a one day, all day class). Do you think that is too early? I’m wondering if I should ask to be pushed to their later class (when I am around 27 weeks). I’m scared about forgetting things if I am too early. I’d love to hear what you did/ what your thoughts are.

Thanks!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors