May 2014 Brides- have you picked any music?

posted 3 years ago in May 2014
Post # 3
313 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Jw1724:  We have most of our music picked out. However, i am really “into” music, so i really want everything to be perfect in that area!

Post # 5
345 posts
Helper bee

@Jw1724:  I’m walking to Iron and Wine’s “Love and Some Verses”! They are one of my fav bands!

Not sure about the other music yet. Probably going to do father/daughter to Frank Sinatra’s “You Look Wonderful Tonight”.

First Dance: I wanted Michael Buble’s “Everything” but FI isn’t sure he likes it anymore…so it’s back to the drawing board on that one!

I have all our pre-ceremony music picked out…I want FI and the groomsmen to walk in to Mumford and Son’s “Lover of the Light” around the 1/2way point…but I’m not sure if it is too loud and too much rock?

Music is pretty important to me…makes it hard to finalize!

Post # 6
1422 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Paradise Gardens

Jus t a few songs…

Our 1st dance song: John Legend “All of me”

The song I’m walking don the aisle to:Jennifer Husdon “Giving myself”

And that’s about it! He He he… I’ll get to the rest in January/February!

Post # 7
313 posts
Helper bee

We are dancing to “you are the best thing”- ray lamontagne.

Post # 8
124 posts
Blushing bee

Good to see some non-traditional music choices here for the procession.

I think my parents – since we’re having parents walk down the aisle – want to walk down to the Rascals “Groovin'”, since we’re actually getting married on a Sunday afternoon. It fits!

I’m most likely walking down to “This is the Day” by The The (new wave from 1983). I’ve also considered a few others, such as Serena Ryder’s “What I Wouldn’t Do” (not sure if she’s known outside of Canada), and the Villagers “The Pact, I’ll be Your Fever”. 

Our first dance will most likely be something by Matchbox 20, or Sleeping at Last’s take on “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” … then we’re going to mix it up to a fast song and dance to Santana’s “Smooth”, since it’s one of our all-time favourite songs. 

Post # 9
124 posts
Blushing bee

Oh … and what will everyone’s crowd pleasing song be?

I’m pretty sure ours will be “Take on me”. Everyone loves that song. 

Post # 10
627 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Scottish Rite Cathedral (New Castle, PA)

Picked our first dance song, “Lucky” by Jason Mraz/Colbie Calliat. We’re having two of our friends sing it live for us.

I decided I want the prelude and processional to be string quartet but haven’t settled totally on songs yet. 

This is one of the hardest things for me!! So many choices and way too much good music out there!

Post # 11
942 posts
Busy bee

First Dance – Right now we are trying to decide between Your Song by Elton John and Alright by Darius Rucker. Your Song is much easier to dance to so we will probably pick that.

Father/Daughter Dance – Father and Daughter by Paul Simon

Mother/Son Dance – Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Post # 12
1178 posts
Bumble bee

We haven’t picked out everything yet. 

I’m walking down the aisle to: Ave Marie (Beyonce’s Cover)

Our first Dance: I will always love you 311

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors