May 2014 Brides: when are you planning to order bridesmaid dresses?

posted 3 years ago in May 2014
  • poll: When are you planning for the Bridesmaid dresses to be ordered?
    They're already ordered, slowpoke! - 8 or more months out : (8 votes)
    25 %
    October 2013 - 7 months out : (3 votes)
    9 %
    November 2013 - 6 months out : (5 votes)
    16 %
    December 2013 - 5 months out : (8 votes)
    25 %
    January 2013 - 4 months out : (7 votes)
    22 %
    February 2013 - 3 months out : (1 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 3
    926 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

Commenting to follow! (Even though I’m getting married in April, not May… still could use the info) 🙂

Post # 4
    1646 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

2 of my girls have ordered, the two others will in the next month. Davids Bridal said they should order asap due to holidays and prom season just to ensure everything is in place. The 2 that have ordered have already received their dresses, though!

Post # 6
    1422 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2014 - Paradise Gardens

As soon as possible… we’ve been actively looking as of late! But I was told this past weekend it takes approx. 3 months to receive Mori Lee dresses…so the sooner the better. But I seleceted 4 months out…because that is the absolute latest we can wait!

Post # 7
    2696 posts
    Sugar bee

My BMs and I will all be ordering our dresses next month, so November 2013.

Post # 8
    2675 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI

Mine ordered a month ago. I had one bridesmaid leaving the country and she won’t be back until the wedding and another who was going back to school and is super busy during the school year. They wanted to all go shopping together so we had to do it before school started again and my other BM left the country.

Post # 9
    1178 posts
    Bumble bee

My BM’s choose an etsy seller. I just ordered the sample swatches to see which Blush I want to go with.

That should arrive in 2 weeks. All the girl’s are going to order at the same time to recieve a discount.

They all agreed to order the last week in November. So I’ll place the order for them the first week of December after the Thanksgiving Holiday’s are over.

Should arrive in 6 – 8 weeks. 

Post # 10
    272 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2014 - Muhlhauser Barn

@DomesticDiva:  We’re doing the exact same thing as you — ordering Bill Levkoff dresses from The Wedding Shoppe. I was planning on having everyone order by the end of the year… I felt bad asking anyone to order right before Christmas. Hopefully that timeline will work out!!!

Post # 12
    272 posts
    Helper bee

@DomesticDiva:  Ordering in November does seem like would probably be the best idea — it’s crazy that we’re almost to November already! I have one bridesmaid who wants to get her breast reduction surgery done before the wedding and now wants to wait until March to have the surgery and wants to order her dress after the surgery… she needs the surgery, so I don’t want to tell her she needs to order her dress by late December at the latest, but she really does need to order the dress by late December at the absolute latest! I just keep telling myself it will all work out somehow lol!

Post # 13
    570 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I had a May 2013 wedding and we went and picked out the dresses in November of 2012.  The girls mostly had them ordered by the end of November, beginning of December, because they all ordered from stores close to them.  I think the last one was ordered in early January, and my flowergirl dress was ordered in January.  Everyone had their dresses in plenty of time for alterations, etc.

Post # 15
    272 posts
    Helper bee

@DomesticDiva:  Yeah I think that’s what I’m going to have to tell her! 

Post # 16
    630 posts
    Busy bee

I’ve chosen my dresses, but it’s hard when the BM are not in town! I guess I need to have them order their Mori Lee dresses ASAP! Maybe I should have them just order from stores in their city?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors