May 2014 Brides!!

posted 3 years ago in May 2014
Post # 2
2675 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI

I always think I am forgetting something! I sure hope I am not!

I picked up my dress this weekend from my final fitting! It turned out great and I was happy that considering all the alterations I had done they really didn’t add up to as much as I thought they might! I had my dress hemmed, taken in 2″ at my bust and 2″ at my waist, then had a 6 point bustle done and cups sewn in…I had three fittings and my final fitting. Total was around $125.

We’re finishing up just tiny details now like bridal party gifts getting put together, printing out place cards, etc.

I was a little frustrated to find out this weekend that all of FI’s family asked when the rehearsal was because they did not know. – I sent them invitations! For both the rehearsal and the dinner following, so they should have known. I guess they all forgot I sent them and lost them. Well I guess better they ask now and not on the day!

I have less than two weeks to go now!!

Post # 4
28 posts
Newbee

I am so excited only 19 more days to go for me! I just ordered our sand ceremony set and I am pretty nervous it won’t arrive in time. I am also struggling to find somewhere to have my bouquet preserved but other than that I feel like everything is ready to go. 

Post # 5
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Smithfield Center

I feel like I’m forgetting things too! GAH! Only 20 days from today! <3

Everything is paid for except our balance on the venue which we’ll do at our two week appointment. I have 1 more centerpiece ball of flowers to finish and then all the decorations will be done. I still have to order our glow sticks for the reception, but that will be done this friday when I get paid. I have to finish our Mr. and Mrs. chair signs but that’s pretty easy…and then everything else is done! I feel like I’m definitely ready – a year and a half of planning has been way long and I’m just ready to be married to my FI. I’m trying to keep positive and say ‘you know, if this tiny detail doesn’t happen the way I want, I’m the only one who will notice!’

Post # 7
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Smithfield Center

Nikkimcq:  Yea, pretty much all of our wedding is DIY except the food/DJ! lol! I don’t have a wedding coordinator so I literally have come up with all of the decoration ideas and got them together myself. It’s definitely been a lot of work but I hope it will pay off!

Post # 8
2675 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI

Nikkimcq:  I’m the 17th!

I also had FMIL still trying to add to the guest list last week too!

Post # 10
2661 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Nikkimcq:  26 days for me too!  We are having a small wedding (encore for both of us), but we did meet with the minister adn take care of some small details this weekend.  I guess I am ready.  I am a little nervous.

Post # 11
1040 posts
Bumble bee

I’m on May 17th, and I’m actually having a really hard time right now… I could use hugs or encouragement 🙁

I’m super stressed, because it’s most likely going to rain (outdoor ceremony – under a tent for reception)

And I’m having DRESS REGRET. Yep. My wedding is 12 days away and I have dress regret.

I feel sick. The stress is killing me. I wish we would have just eloped…

Post # 12
1387 posts
Bumble bee

LadyMoriarty:  *Hugs*  date twin – I’m sure you are going to be ok.  Hopefully it doesn’t rain for the ceremony – do you have a rain plan?  It’s better to be prepared and not need it!  I’m sure you are going to look stunning on your wedding day – I’m sorry you’re having dress regret but you will look beautiful (I’ve truly never seen a bride who doesn’t – it’s that bridal glow and most of the time you don’t even notice the dress, just the smile!!)

I’m also 12 days away and I’m just so ready to marry him already! Pretty much everything is done – we’ve had a few last minute changes to the guest list (mostly in our favor – Yes’s turning to no’s) and I’m very glad they are letting us know now before the final count is due instead of being no-shows at the wedding.

Post # 14
102 posts
Blushing bee

Well I was fine till last week when the seamstress said to me the following .. asked if I was due for my period (which no I was not), asked me to stop drinking so much water (WHAT?!), and asked me to loose a few pounds for her…UM WTF…she made the mistake of taking in way too much in my back and tried blaming it on me! My dress was big 3 weeks prior..made me feel horribly self conscious in an area thats bone!! Unfortunately my shoulder blade does stick out a little differently on one side versus the other because I have severe scoliosis and this woman made me even more upset about something I’ve tried to accept my whole life! The following day my mom had to call the bridal salon to explain what happened because I was too in shock to do anything… we had 5 managers trying to smooth everything over, was given a new seamstress, and am now praying that the dress can be repaired (the old seamstress messed up the fabric!!) 

Sorry for the novel … this isn’t exactly what I wanted to deal with 20 days out…

@ladymoriarty ::hugs:: to you as well! Horrible to feel this way so close to what you hope is a once in a lifetime moment. I’m sure you’re going to look beautiful and no matter what happens with the weather you will be surrounded by the people that love you the most

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Charmed3.
Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors