May 2014 Brides…3 months!

posted 3 years ago in May 2014
Post # 3
518 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

We are under three months!  CRAZY.  (May 3)  Invitations going out in a few weeks, and first dress fitting was last week!

Post # 4
2675 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI

Eeee! Getting very excited!! Just got my first shower invite for my bridal shower with mainly FI’s family hosted by FSIL and two cousins. Invites are pretty much ready to go! Just waiting on a few addresses for people who recently moved.

Looking forward to getting my dress fitted and the whole look put together. I just scheduled wedding day hair and makeup last weekend.

Just noticed I’m at exactly “100 days to go” !!!

Post # 6
2675 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI

@MsGinkgo: Yay Date Twin!

Our room block is almost sold out already! Just from Save the Dates. We only have 5 rooms left and once those are gone the hotel is sold out for the weekend. There are two other hotels within walking distance though so I’m hoping that will help since those don’t seem sold out yet. But our reception is at our hotel, so of course most people want to stay there so they can just stumble up to their rooms at the end of the night.

I’m almost more annoyed that the addresses I’m waiting on our from MY family! Plus the guys from my family are the only ones not yet fitted for tuxedos either. Also found out that my MOH (cousin) thought Bridal Showers take place a week or two before the wedding so now she’s feeling bad about not planing anything yet. I think she’s now planning something for April. I think since I am the oldest of my generation on my side of the family, first to get married etc…people are at a loss of how things work with weddings all of a sudden. FI is one of the last of all his cousins etc to get married so everyone seems more on top of things. Plus his sister got married 3 years ago so she’s very on top of things, I love her for that! She had everyones address for me!

Post # 8
412 posts
Helper bee

@MsGinkgo:  It’s getting into crunch time, that’s for sure!  

@KMoon5314: Yay date twin!

I will also be sending invites hopefully before or by next weekend (we didn’t send save the dates so we wanted to get them out a tad sooner).  I did my first fitting and it will be done in the beginning of March (yay!) and we’ve just got some little stuff to finish up like the last bit of bridal party gifts (the Etsy shop is closed until 2/25) and little details like that.  We’re starting the showers this month too.  We also have final appointments to take care of and I need a dang hairdresser still haha

Ack it feels like there is still so much!  Even though I can’t wait for spring because of the cold, I am also wanting it to slow down so I know I am ready!

Post # 9
2696 posts
Sugar bee

@MsGinkgo:  I am getting anxious!!! We have met with the DJ, MUA, Videographer, Caterer, Cake Baker, and the florist, but I think I’m going to decline the florist and do my own flowers. Also, my hair stylists are scheduled. I had my first fitting last weekend. Hopefully, if everything goes well with the next fitting, it will be my last! I’m so ready for it to be over!

Oh yeah, and we put our invites in the mail saturday!!! Woohoo!! RSVP Date is March 30th, it’s a couple months out but that’s because I know there will be some stragglers and I may have to call and text people to return theirs.

Post # 10
858 posts
Busy bee

May 31st!! Coming quick. Got all my fitting appoinmetns booked, waiting for bridemaids dresses to come in. Bridal shower and Staggette invites out, MOH and sister hosting! Invitations out, already receiving rsvp’s! Literally everything almost done!

Post # 11
942 posts
Busy bee

@Ms_Purple:  

@MsGinkgo:  

Yay more date twins! 🙂 Oh my goodness I can’t believe there are only 100 days to go! I’m getting really excited!

My mom and I plan on having the invitations done and sent out by the end of February with a RSVP date of April 17th.

My bridal showers already happened. They were awesome! I wish I could have another one but I already had two haha.

I had one dress fitting this past Christmas break. My next one will be over Spring Break. I just got my wedding shoes in the mail so I’m excited to see how they look with the dress!

Post # 12
637 posts
Busy bee

@MsGinkgo:  Eeeek so excited! Invites are going out in 2 weeks, first dress fitting is March 27th. Everything is coming up so fast!

Post # 13
2895 posts
Sugar bee

My date is May 31st and we are still calling it 4 months out until we get to the end of the month because I don’t need to freak out more 🙂 

My invites are with the printer.  Hoping to have them tomorrow or Monday based on their timeline of “Around a week.”

Working on my shower invite list.  My FMIL hit me out of left field with a couple’s shower, and I’m struggling with that invite list.  It’s what their circle of friends does, but not what our circle does. 

I need to set up an appointment with the jewlers to set up a time to pick out wedding bands. 

Dress fiting and hair trial are scheduled for March 14th.  Hope it all goes well.  Good luck ladies!

Post # 14
523 posts
Busy bee

I sent out the first half of my invites last week and I’m sending out the rest tomorrow, I’ve been sick so a lot of the planning has been stalled.

Already got the venue, dj, and photographer booked. Got my dress, next week I’ll be booking the makeup artist, and officiator and starting on my alterations. I’m in DC but my wedding will be in NYC so when I visit NY next month it’s going to be full of appointments, hopefully I’ll have my makeup trial.

Also next month I’ll be buying centerpieces and booking our transportation, honeymoon, my hair stylist and ceremony soloist. I’ll be recieving my customized/upgraded ering and we’ll be having our engagement photo session in March too 🙂 March will be busy as hell!

I want to leave April for getting the lose ends finalized and buying hubbys wedding band (the jeweler has already been chosen), hubby will be getting my band also.

Post # 15
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - alder manor

@Misswhowedding:  Date Twin, I’m still saying 4 months as I don’t want to freak out either, feel I have so much to do. EEEEEEEEKKKKKKK. I can’t beleive it is right around the corner. PINCH ME

Post # 16
748 posts
Busy bee

I’m starting to legitimately freak out!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors