May 2014 POAS – Part 2!

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
3817 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

part two already? geeze la wheeze! bookmarking for future reference 🙂

i keep telling myself this cycle “april showers bring may flowers”…looks like quite a few bfp’s already this month, i hope it is lucky for many more!

Post # 4
2276 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

soyjoy222:  I think we are going to have an over load of BFPs this month :).

Post # 5
3817 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

mrspinkiepie:  i hope you are right!! 

So I just spent some time reading more about opk’s and I think I figured out where DH and I went wrong last cycle. We BD’d the few days leading up to my positive opk, then BD’d the day of the positive opk and then stopped. The sites I have read tonight are leading me to believe that you should BD the days before the positive and up to 3 days after you get your first positive. I think I actually missed my O date because I thought my positive opk WAS my O day…here it most likely did not even happen yet! So this month I think I am going to concentrate less on BDing BEFORE the postive and more on AFTER. Does this seem like I might be onto something?

Post # 6
1847 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

soyjoy222:  I think you’re onto something! Try looking into the SMEPlan.. Every other day starting at CD8, then 3 days in a row starting when you get your positive OPK! 

Post # 7
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Wow, two threads already…

FF confirmed O for me as last Friday, so I’m sitting pretty at 3 DPO and wondering how long the next two weeks are going to be. Oh dear. I better get a book to keep me busy.

Post # 8
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Current Cycle Day/DPO: day 6, I think. All my O signs were kind of conflicting this cycle.

Ovulation Date: I think April 29th.

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: POAS date is May 11th, because if I am pregnant, it would be an awesome day to tell DW :). Cycle lenght varies becaus eof my PCOS, but the last few have ranged from 32-45 days.

Cycles Trying: this is the second cycle, but the first time we were only able to inseminate once.

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc.): temping, checking CM (joy), using OPKs, taking prenatals with iodine, using Preseed, and I’ve just bought some Evening Primrose Oil to help with CM for next cycle (if there is one 🙂 )

Link to Chart, if any: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/39139b

and for fun –

I need a break from work and TTC – so lets talk about vacations! What was your best vacation and why?  And if you are planning a vacation this year – where are you going?

I don’t think I could choose a best vacation, but DW and I are going to Melbourne in July to celebrate her birthday, so looking forward to that.

Post # 9
2614 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

crookedframe:  I think you’re only supposed to take EPO from AF until O, just I’m case you’re taking it now.

ATM I’m on CD 35, my longest cycle yet, after my shortest cycle ever. Getting really peeved. Until my MC I could time AF to the hour. Now I never know what to expect. I really hope clomid and trigger will sort out everything. I’m not pregnant btw, still bfns at 15 dpo so it’s not that!!!

Post # 10
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

phoebephoebo:  it’s for next cycle, but I appreciate you checking just in case 🙂

Post # 11
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

soyjoy222:  i wonder if thats what happened with us, we BD’d every 3 days in general for the 2 weeks and abit ( just from my theory that sperm can last up tp 3 days given the right CM conditions??) even before and after  and using that FF tracker so maybe it works? Dont know if i could have carried on any further past that as it was pretty tiring! Lol

Post # 12
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

AF showed this morning so I’m a rollover. On to next month for me. Good luck to all those who are awaiting your BFP. Baby dust to all!

Post # 14
3538 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

So many BFPs already! FX that this will be a good month for the rest of us! 

AFM: I’m at 4dpo and I know this is going to be a long 2ww because I’m already sitting here calculating my chances of getting an early BFP on mother’s day. I don’t know if I am going to be able to wait and see if AF shows before POAS! LOL 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors