May 2014 RSVP Thread!

posted 3 years ago in May 2014
Post # 2
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Fun! Here are our responses: 

1.  When were your invites sent and when is your wedding?

We sent them the first weekend of February.  Wedding date 5/17 and RSVP date 4/1.

2.  What percentage of your guest list (including you and FI) have RSVPed  ((# responded divided by # invited)*100)?

We have gotten about a third of our RSVP cards back so far but are also accepting verbal and email confirmations. Total RSVP rate including verbal or email confirmations is about 50%

3.  What’s your acceptance rate for those who have RSVPed?  ((# of yeses divided by total # of responses)*100)

Out of 26 RSVP cards, 6 are no’s. So 78% yes. I am guessing we will get more no’s since it’s a domestic destination wedding.

4.  Favorite note written on a RSVP card/online RSVP? There have been a few really sweet ones. Mostly people saying they’re really excited and that they like the invitations. 🙂  

ETA: As of now, we have 65 confirmed attending guests including myself and FI. We still have 43 “spots” open for the RSVP’s that haven’t come in yet, but I’m hoping only half are yesses! My ideal guest count is between 75 and 90 because that’s the best size for our venue.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  .
Post # 3
1721 posts
Bumble bee

DomesticDiva: I’ll play!

we sent our invitations the end of feb (RSVP date by 3/20) wedding 5/2 so far we have received 92 yes’ (including FI and me), and 14 no’s…waiting on about 68 more rsvps.  acceptence rate is about 86% my favorite so far was from our friend that’s baby is due in a few weeks Before the wedding. She said “I can’t wait to be able to drink at the wedding! Lol  

Post # 4
1733 posts
Bumble bee

1.  When were your invites sent and when is your wedding?<br />We sent the OOT invites Feb. 17th and the rest we sent out last week! Our wedding is May 16th and our RSVP date is April 1st.

2.  What percentage of your guest list (including you and FI) have RSVPed  ((# responded divided by # invited)*100)?<br />30% have responded so far (44 people out of 145). So basically we still need to hear from 100 people by April 1st. Yikes!<br /><br />

3.  What’s your acceptance rate for those who have RSVPed?  ((# of yeses divided by total # of responses)*100)<br />95%…we’ve only gotten 1 No and it was from an elderly couple who lives OOT. <br /><br />

4.  Favorite note written on a RSVP card/online RSVP?<br />We haven’t really gotten any notes on the cards. One of my best friends from high school that moved away RSVP’s yes and wrote my old nickname and put lots of smiley faces on it which made me pretty happy!

Post # 5
858 posts
Busy bee

1.  Sent 02/01/2014, wedding on 05/31

2.  27.50% have RSVP’d!!!

3.  100% have said yes!

4.  I have got compliments on our head title, “He Liked it so he Put a Ring on It” I have had a few people ask where i got them and shocked at how little they cost me, specially for the quality!

Good luck Bee’s!!

<br /><br /><br />

Post # 6
1287 posts
Bumble bee

I am SO happy to see this thread.  I do not have exact numbers, but a general idea.

Wedding invites were sent out the first week of February, due back by April 4th.

There were 150 invites sent out (which means I need 150 RSVP cards back).  To date, we have had approximately 10 ‘no’s’ (so about 20 ppl decline), and 65 ‘yes’ (about 130 ppl -give or take).  I know they have 3 weeks to keep sending them in, but we are getting one a day, after the original rush.  I am scared I will have to call 1/2 of the guest list!!!  But, will continue to wait im…patiently!!  We would be happy with 220-250, rather than the 298 total head count sent!!

Post # 8
1287 posts
Bumble bee

DomesticDiva:  Some days overwhelmingly BIG.  But, I just keep telling myself that it means we have been blessed with over-sized families, and some pretty awesome friends…or, something along those lines 🙂  The numbers crept up because I could not NOT give those that ‘deserved’ a plus 1, meaning anyone of adult age.  Thankfully, those that are not in serious relationships are not bringing ‘whomever’, which has brought the number down a bit.  And, of course, we did not estimate cost on a ‘hope for the best’ clause, meaning, if all 298 guests came, we would still be able to afford it.  We would just be happier paying less!!  GOOD LUCK MAY BRIDES!

Post # 9
144 posts
Blushing bee

Fun thread idea… can’t believe we’re getting married in just over 50 days!

1.  Invitations mailed Feb 11, wedding is May 10, RSVP deadline is April 15

2.  As of today we’ve had 64% of the RSVPs returned out of 101 sent. 

3.  Out of the RSVPs returned, 83% have said yes.  There are still a few out there that I expect to be a declining answer, so we are right on track for the “80% will attend” stat, which is surprising to me!

4.  We’ve received many notes that are sweet… one was FI’s cousin welcoming me to the family; she also included some fun confetti in the envelope and said ABOUT DAMN TIME!, others were “can’t wait to get this party started!” and my sis/coMOH put a picture my niece drew of us on our wedding day.

Checking the mail has become my favorite part of the day!  When we first sent out the invitations, we got multiple RSVPs back at once… they’ve since slowed down, but we still get 1-2 a day! 

Post # 10
491 posts
Helper bee

I feel really far behind now bc I haven’t sent out my invites yet!  May 31 wedding… we are doing them this weekend with a May 1 “reply-by” date to give us a week to follow up with stragglers and have final counts set.  My extended family is throwing me a shower on May 4 so that will be perfect for following up with any family that may have been slow to reply.  One of my bridesmaids is also getting married May 3 – we have some friend overlap in the invite list so I’ll see a ton of them that weekend as well.   

We’re also toying with getting a PO box for wedding RSVPs — we live in a major city & mail delivery has been truly awful this winter. I’m really nervous about not getting all the RSVPs if we have them delivered to our apartment.

OUgal0004:  our list is presently 316(!)  I honestly don’t think they will all come bc of the travel factor but we will be happy with whatever the final count turns out to be! 

Post # 11
2696 posts
Sugar bee

Love this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot Woot for May Brides!!!

1. When were your invites sent and when is your wedding? Sent our Invites out February 2nd! RSVP Due date is March 30th. Final count due April 30th. Wedding Date is May 31st.

2. What percentage of your guest list (including you and FI) have RSVPed ((# responded divided by # invited)*100)?

56%, I know this because I’m a crazy spread sheet person! LOL

3. What’s your acceptance rate for those who have RSVPed? ((# of yeses divided by total # of responses)*100)

52%, Again,I know this because I’m a crazy spread sheet person! 🙂

4. Favorite note written on a RSVP card/online RSVP?

My cousin wrote “Love you guys!” on her RSVP! She has been such an amazing supporter throughout this process!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  lina010.
Post # 12
1040 posts
Bumble bee

1.  When were your invites sent and when is your wedding?

We sent out our invites during the last week of February, and our wedding is May 17th.

2.  What percentage of your guest list (including you and FI) have RSVPed  ((# responded divided by # invited)*100)?

41% so far have responded

3.  What’s your acceptance rate for those who have RSVPed?  ((# of yeses divided by total # of responses)*100)

64% have said yes!

4.  Favorite note written on a RSVP card/online RSVP?

My aunt drew a big smiley face; that just made my day (considering we’re having the wedding in her backyard!) 🙂

Post # 14
1193 posts
Bumble bee

DomesticDiva:  I love this idea. It is so fun to get back the RSVPs in the mail 🙂

1.  When were your invites sent and when is your wedding? We sent our invites out Feb 20 and the wedding is May 10. Our RSVP date is Mar 20, and we need a final count to the caterer by Mar 31.

2.  What percentage of your guest list (including you and FI) have RSVPed  ((# responded divided by # invited)*100)? 70% responded from my side and 65% responded from FI’s side.

3.  What’s your acceptance rate for those who have RSVPed?  ((# of yeses divided by total # of responses)*100) 97% response rate for my side, and 55% for FI side. I am really surprised at the high rate from my side, but many of FI’s guests will be traveling from OOT, so we weren’t too surprised at that response rate.

4.  Favorite note written on a RSVP card/online RSVP? We actually got a very sweet and thoughtful email from FI’s uncle, who is ill and cannot attend the wedding. I was touched he took the time to write us a personal note.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors