(Closed) May 2014: Spring Color Search

posted 5 years ago in May 2014
Post # 3
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I’m also considering navy for bm dresses. It’s dark, but it’s flattering and some bright colored flowers will really pop against it. 

Post # 4
1091 posts
Bumble bee

We are doing navy/bright orange (like persimmon). Tbh, I don’t plan on using the color scheme too much

Post # 5
488 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Right now I am pretty set on purple, yellow and gray. I’m afraid of going too hardcore with the purple and yellow because I don’t want it to look like it is lakers themed, but I have seen some gorgeous pictures on pinterest with the color combo and I love it. I’m definitely leaning towards brighter colors because of spring.

Post # 6
16 posts
Newbee

We are going to do a seafoam/turquoise blue and pink/coral! I’m thinking I want the BM in blue dresses and then they will have pink/coral flowers. I am so excited !

Post # 7
297 posts
Helper bee

Our girls are wearing mint dressses, everything else is just going to be neutral colors.

Post # 8
102 posts
Blushing bee

I am having a May 2014 wedding too and I am going with a purple + gold colour palette. I thought about doing a light coral or turquoise, but those are very daytime-y. Mine will be in a reception hall (dinner, dancing etc), so purple and gold should look good 🙂 

Post # 9
2213 posts
Buzzing bee

Not certain yet what our colors will be, but I’m leaning toward a blush or light/medium pink with neutrals:  medium gray, silver, ivory.  I’m also a huge fan of purple, so that would also work, and with the same neutrals.

You could always go a step more saturated than pastels:  still light in color, but not so reminiscent of Easter.  🙂

Also, your mom doesn’t need to match with your colors or the bridal party.  If she wants to, sure, but you don’t necessarily need to plan your colors around what she’s wearing (or vice versa)

Post # 10
45 posts
Newbee

Our colors are Navy and Yellow. BMs in Navy dresses (preferably chiffon) with yellow bouquets.  Centerpieces yellow flowers with navy linens, with burlap and lace details. We’re going for a southern vintage theme.  My mom and FMIL also wanted to wear navy and I’ve talk them out of it. I didn’t want them to match my BMs so I think my FMIL is going with a light grey or lavender (she is white). My mom might be going for a plum or ivory color.

I saw you I like navy or blue, you could do a navy and pastel pink 

http://www.theperfectpalette.com/2013/04/wedding-colors-i-love-navy-blue-shades.html

or navy and coral

http://www.theperfectpalette.com/2013/03/colors-i-love-navy-blue-coral-antique.html

The topic ‘May 2014: Spring Color Search’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors