Post # 4
720 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

• Name: Natalie
  • Location Live in Boston, wedding in Rhode Island
  • Occupation: Administrative/development staff at a small non-profit
  • FI’s Name: Ethan
  • FI’s age: 24 (will be 26 on the big day!)
  • FI’s occupation: Law student (hopefully future IP/patent lawyer)
  • Kids: None
  • Pets: An adorable Goldendoodle named Olive
  • About you (Hobbies, Music, etc): Reading, running, pilates, interior design, skiing..
  • Engagement Date: 10/12/13
  • Wedding Date & Significance: May 30, 2015 – no significance!
  • Wedding Venue (Provide Ceremony & Reception if they are different): FI’s family’s beach property in RI (ceremony will be at the beach across the street)
  • Wedding Colors: Not 100% sure, but thinking a seagreen and gray (with a few touches of blush)
  • Honeymoon Location: No idea!
  • What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Since we’re not having our wedding at a traditional venue, I’m excited to completely and totally make a blank slate into our dream wedding venue.
  • What are you least excited about going though this planning process: Figuring out all the logistical things that come with having a wedding at a non-traditional venue (parking, restrooms, guest transportation, etc.)

And here’s a picture of us from this summer:

Post # 5
3268 posts
Sugar bee

OK, here goes!!! My fiance and I just decided on sometime in May last night, a little more than a week after we got engaged!! This is exciting. 🙂

I am going to leave out our names and the photo of us. I’ve been on the boards for a long time and want to protect my privacy. 🙂

• Location: Northern Vermont– we live in a small town in the Northeast Kingdom and are planning on having our wedding either in our own fields or at an old summer camp a couple miles away. Or maybe somewhere else nearby, depending on costs. We have a few months to figure out our venue!

• FI’s age: 41. Works well for us!

• FI’s occupation: Freelance editor, writer, and builder with his father’s construction company

• Kids: None yet! Maybe a couple years after we get married. 🙂

• Pets: 2 crazy cats. I want to get chickens but first we have to build a coop!

• About you: I adore being outdoors, gardening, plants (obviously since I’m a plant ecologist 😉 ), and sewing. My FI’s and my home is in the middle of nowhere in the the woods, and we love that we are able to be pretty self-sufficient; we have a huge vegetable garden, and he built our house. I’ve partially supported myself in the past by being a professional seamstress, and once I’m done with my grad school classes in December, I’ll be sewing for others again on top of my regular job. . . and I’m making my own dress!!! I am SO excited to start designing my dress and finding fabrics and laces and digging through my mom’s and my collection of vintage lace. The dress is going to be a pretty detailed creation with a lot of fabric flowers and lace applique, so I’m glad we have a year and a half before the wedding!

• Engagement Date: October 25, 2013

• Wedding Date & Significance: We haven’t set an exact date yet. I’ve always wanted to get married when the apple trees are in bloom, and I’d love to be married under a blossoming apple tree. I recorded when the wild apples near our house bloomed this year, and we’ll pay attention to that next spring, and based on that info, we’ll pick a date this coming May.

• Wedding Venue: Not sure yet, maybe our own fields or maybe a summer camp near us, or maybe somewhere else. . . the Old Stone House Museum in Brownington VT comes to mind.

• Wedding Colors: No idea!!! Probably they’ll involve green, since that is a mutual favorite color for my FI and me. I’m not really into having set wedding colors, anyway.

• Honeymoon Location: Britain? Out West? Maritime provinces of Canada? Depends on the budget we have, and we will not know what that is for a little while.

• What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Figuring out a lovely wedding that expresses something about who we both are; we’re going to write our own vows and I think the ceremony will involve aspects of a handfasting. Making my dress.

• What are you least excited about going though this planning process: Oh, my. Family drama. There have been a lot of complicated issues both in my family and between his and my families, so I am expecting some rotten drama. Crossing my fingers that everyone behaves most of the time, though!

Post # 6
825 posts
Busy bee

• Name: Megan
  • Location: Living in Ann Arbor, MI wedding will be in Grand Rapids, MI
  • FI’s Name: Rob
  • FI’s age: 25
  • FI’s occupation: Master’s Student/Science-Plant Work for US Government
  • Kids: Only Furry Ones
  • Pets: Roux (pronounced Roo) – 1.5 year old chocolate lab, and Fly – 2 year old border collie x lab mix 
  • About You: We both really enjoy being outdoors: hiking, running, swimming, rock climbing. We’re both foodies and beer snobs (Michigan has a lot of local brewing companies).
  • EngagementDate: August 17, 2013
  • Wedding Date & Significance: May 16, 2015 — only significant because it was the only date in May or June 2015 that our venue had left.
  • Wedding Venue: Westminster Presbyterian Church and Grand Rapids Public Museum
  • WeddingColors: Navy, Lime, and White
  • Honeymoon Location:  Haven’t decided yet!
  • What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Getting to plan a huge party with all of our friends and family. 
  • What are you least excited about going though this planning process: The family drama. It’s been less than three months and I’m already very much over it.

The furbabies waiting for us to throw a ball.

Post # 7
582 posts
Busy bee

Hi Ladies- Here’s my info:

• Name: Steph
  • FI’s Name: G
  • FI’s age: 27, will be 28 when we get married
  • FI’s occupation: IT
  • Kids: Nope
  • Pets: Nope
  • About you (Hobbies, Music, etc)
  • Engagement Date: 5/30/2013
  • Wedding Date & Significance: 5/30/2015 Signifgance: on 5/30/2003 we had our first date, 5/30/2013 (10 years later) he proposed to me in Mexico, and then on 5/30/2015 we’ll tie the knot, 12 years after we had our first date!
  • Wedding Venue: Ceremony: TBD if we will go the church route, or hold @ our venue.  Reception: a local golf club- here’s a picture:

• Wedding Colors: Purples, green, with champagne/black accents
  • Honeymoon Location: TBD- for sure somewhere tropical!
  • What are you most excited about going through this planning  process : I’m excited about it all!
  • What are you least excited about going though this planning  process: I’m hoping to lose quite a bit of weight, and I know it’s not going to be easy– but it’s something I need, and want to do!

Post # 8
265 posts
Helper bee

Name: Emilee
FI’s Name: Taylor
FI’s age: 21
FI’s occupation: Software Engineer
Kids: None yet
Pets: One cat
About you: Anxious/silly/cuddly/curious
Engagement Date: 10/18/13
Wedding Date & Significance: 5/25/15, 6 year anniversary of our first date
Wedding Venue: Currently thinking the Grandview Ballroom @ The Oaks, Somersworth NH
Wedding Colors: pink & cream
Honeymoon Location: TBD
What are you most excited about going through this planning process: cake tasting, sharing the experience with my momma
What are you least excited about going though this planning process: stress/money/arguing

Photo from ~15 minutes after proposal

The ring! 

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/242-how-the-proposal-went-down-pics#axzz2jur1WW8c

Post # 9
110 posts
Blushing bee

• Name: Megan
  • Location: Currently living in Binghamton, NY; originally from Long Island (wedding will be on LI)
  • FI’s Name: Derek
  • FI’s occupation: Graduate Student 
  • Kids: None
  • Pets: A long haired tortie cat that I adore.  FI is highly allergic!
  • About You: We are currently in a long distance relationship- FI is from the area but has been going to school 4 hours away for the past 2 years.  It is rough, but we are looking forward to (hopefully) finding jobs in the same city after we graduate in May!
  • EngagementDate: August 8, 2013 at the WWII Memorial in Washington DC
  • Wedding Date & Significance: May 22, 2015.  No significance, but picked a holiday weekend so our OOT guests will be able to enjoy a few days with us.
  • Wedding Venue: Ceremony: Church Reception: a ballroom right on the water 
  • WeddingColors: Gray, Peach/Coral/Blush??
  • Honeymoon Location:  Somewhere with a beach!
  • What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Dress shopping!
  • What are you least excited about going though this planning process: Trying to plan from 5 hours away! and Making so many decisions!

Post # 10
1111 posts
Bumble bee

• Occupation: Full Time Student (final year) / Hairstylist & Makeup Artist

• FI’s age: 22

• FI’s occupation: Full Time Student / Works with animals

• Kids: We are CBC

• Pets: I have a dog, and he has a cat.

• About you: I love anything to do with creativity. I love reading, music, I am a huge animal lover.  I love the outdoors and nature, especially the Bruce Peninsula (where FI proposed).

• Engagement Date: June 9, 2013

• Wedding Date & Significance: May 23, 2015 – We love May. We love spring. That date was available. That’s it haha.

• Wedding Venue: Ceremony will be at a local winery on the beach, and the reception down the road from there at a old stone pavilion facing the beach on one side, and a huge park on the other.

• Wedding Colors: We’re keeping it simple; our favourite colours, red (his) and blue (mine).

• Honeymoon Location: 2 weeks in Europe – Italy, France, and Greece.

• What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Getting to call him my FI/planning my future with him.

• What are you least excited about going though this planning process: The bills. Oh my poor little bank account….

Post # 11
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - Jellyfish, Punta Cana DR

• Name: Monique
  • Location: We live on Long Island, NY and Our wedding will be in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
  • FI’s Name: Lamar
  • FI’s age: 29
  • FI’s occupation: Business Manager
  • Kids: 1, Lamar Jr.
  • Pets: None
  • About youI love to eat , workout and bake. My son keeps me busy and I love it!
  • Engagement Date: 10/05/2013
  • Wedding Date & Significance: May 23, 2015. 
  • Wedding VenueJellyFish Restaurant
  • Wedding Colors: Still up in the air on this
  • Honeymoon Location: Hawaii or Aruba
  • What are you most excited about going through this planning process: The dress shopping!
  • What are you least excited about going though this planning process: The dress shopping! LOL

Post # 12
12 posts
Newbee

Name: Angela
Location (Provide Living & Wedding if they are different): Connecticut
FI’s Name: Mike
FI’s age: 37
FI’s occupation: Police Sargent
Kids: None
Pets: 1 a dog, Brady
About you (Hobbies, Music, etc): I love to cook,reading, traveling, spending time with the loves I love
Engagement Date: May 9th 2015
Wedding Date & Significance: No true significance, but May will be 8 years together
Wedding Venue ( Ceremony & Reception if they are different): St. Patricks church and the Marrquee (Gershon Ballroom)
Wedding Colors: Unsure possibly grey with pale pink ?!?!
Honeymoon Location: Possibly Aruba or Costa Rica
What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Dress shopping
What are you least excited about going though this planning process: Paying for it

Post # 13
239 posts
Helper bee

• Name: Stephanie
  • FI’s Name: Thomas
  • FI’s age: 43
  • FI’s occupation: Federal Protection Officer
  • Kids: We have one son together.
  • About you: I love reading and writing short stories. We both have found a new love in running! We will (hopefully) train and complete four half marathons while wedding planning.
  • Wedding Date & Significance: May 30, 2015. We just like the way the numbers flow: 5.30.15
  • Wedding Venue: Patuxent Greens Country Club
  • Wedding Colors: Shades of Blue and Gold
  • Honeymoon Location: Las Vegas, NV
  • What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Wedding dress shopping! And free stuff at Bridal Shows :-).
  • What are you least excited about going though this planning process: The dreaded guest list and seating chart.

Post # 14
49 posts
Newbee

• Name   Megan
  • Location Houston, Tx
  • FI’s Name:  Kendrick Anderson
  • FI’s occupation: Chef
  • Kids:  0
  • Pets:  1 dog- Lily, a golden
  • About you I love listening to music and shopping.  I love weddings, even before I started planning mine
  • Engagement Date:  Feb 2013
  • Wedding Date & Significance:  May 16, 2015  (close to the date we became official)
  • Wedding Venue : Sugar Creek Country Club
  • Wedding Color  : Black and dark red/ crimson
  • Honeymoon Location  : Grenada (So excited!!!!)
  • What are you most excited about going through this planning process  :
    My dress, the cake, and my honeymoon!
  • What are you least excited about going though this planning process:  
    Dealing with the million opinons of my complicated family

Post # 15
49 posts
Newbee

@beeintraining:  BTW, OMG, not only do we have the same name but we are date twins.  Your dogs are so cute by the way.  

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors