MAY 2015 MAMAS – Part 2

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
298 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Hello May mamas!

I am feeling well!  I picked up a cold over the weekend and it kicked my butt for a few days, but today is the first day I feel better so hopefully I’m on the mend!  My biggest pregnancy symptom in the first trimester was exhaustion and that faded around 12 weeks, so now I am just watching the waistline grow little by little!

We are team green, so we had to pick two names: if it is a boy, he will be Mason Grant, and if it is a girl, she will be Lauren Kate.

I have a strong feeling it is a boy!

Post # 6
298 posts
Helper bee

CocoLoco523:  Thank you!  The girls name was quite the struggle, but I am happy to have it chosen!

Love the names you have picked as well, especially the nickname Finn!  & your bump pictures are great… such a cute outfit in the last one!

Post # 7
894 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

CocoLoco523:  Good thinking; that other thread was too long.  Your pictures look so cute 🙂  I’m glad you’re feeling better; it must be such a relief after that nasty first tri.  Months of nausea sounds absolutely awful, so you ladies that deal with it have all my sympathy!

FutureMrsLodge:  Glad you’re feeling better.  Colds stink while pregnant.  I’m still working through the tail end of a sinus infection and before I finally went to the doctor I was missing my Advil Cold and Sinus pills so badly!  Never will I take them for granted again haha.

We’re still working on names.  We have a little white board up on the fridge with ideas, and so far we’ve probably got a boy name, but girl names are stumping us.  There are a few we both like, but no one in particular that’s jumped out yet.  We should find out the sex soon, so that’ll help a bit! 

I’m feeling great; my jeans are feeling less so!  Yesterday I caved and got a belly band and so far, for the five hours I’ve worn it, it’s a definite improvement over the hair-band trick that was fast losing its appeal.  Baby’s kicking a lot now too, which is pretty awesome!  I’ve caught a few that I can feel from the outside with my hand, but baby hasn’t cooperated enough for DH to catch one yet. 

Post # 8
559 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Hey there, ladies!

I am feeling much better – less nausea, more energy!  We are finally getting past the anxiety from our scare several weeks ago, but we are still trying to be as mindful as possible.  I don’t think the worry will completely go away until we are holding our sweet baby!

For a boy, we have chosen James Vernon – he will probably go by Jay.  And for a girl, Caroline Amelia.

We have been preliminarily told it’s a boy, but we are holding out for the confirmation!  So excited either way.  🙂

Post # 9
1566 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

CocoLoco523:  

Let’s see, we’re team neutral! I guess in the nomenclature, it’s team green, though.

We’ve thrown around one name a LOT, but we’ll see if it sticks all the way to May. We haven’t told any of our friends or relatives the name, and keep joking about other names when they bring it up.

We had good healthy range NT test and the bloodwork confirmed it. The second trimester has me with more gastrointestinal issues. I get overheated pretty swiftly and then get really nauseated. I have to apply an ice pack to my neck to cool down and get back to normal.

With the onset of the second trimester, I also have some energy back, and my appetite is back, I’m no longer dropping weight, and am actually able to finish meals that I serve/order.

Post # 11
298 posts
Helper bee

CoffeeBeanKate:  Thank you!  A cold is definitely 10 times worse while pregnant, that is for sure.  I’m glad you are on the other side of your sinus infection as well!

As for the belly band, I’m glad to hear you like it!  I bought one a few weeks ago and found it really uncomfortable and annoying.  I’m still rocking the hair tie trick but I hate it, too.  I really need to find some maternity pants, but I am having a hard time as I am only 5’3 and everything is too long on me!

Post # 12
2079 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

CocoLoco523:  Cute photos! You look great! I’ll post a few once my bump gets a tad bit bigger.

Post # 13
308 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I’m just impressed that everyone has already picked out names! We decided that we aren’t even going to discuss it till we know the sex…we have very opposite taste in names. He likes simple, mostly one-syllable names, whereas I want something with either a family or ethnic connection and that’s no more common than like #250 in the Social Security Database, so it’s going to be a struggle.

I hit 15 weeks on Sunday and I’m feeling really good. I haven’t had to switch to maternity clothes yet…I wear mostly dresses for work anyway, so I have just been sticking with a mix of stretchy ones and loose ones, and most of my jeans are still OK. I did purchase a ton of maternity clothes over Thanksgiving break though (not to mention a bunch that my mom gave me; apparently she started squirreling away the entire contents of the Kohl’s maternity section when she found out I was pregnant), and I am looking forward to breaking them out…I can’t believe how much cute stuff there is available.

Post # 14
559 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

CocoLoco523:  It was my grandfather’s name – he passed in April, just before my wedding.  we were really close so it just seemed right!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors