May 2017 POAS

posted 2 weeks ago in TTC
Post # 121
1146 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

DrunkInLove :  Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I was in the group when you got your BFP. Good luck this month.

I’m still not sure about the lying in bed with legs elevated. I’ve seen two Gynaecologists for my endometriosis and the first told me to not get up for 10 mins but the second laughed and said it’s an old wives tale and to get up straight away and go pee to avoid UTIs. 

Post # 122
248 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

mrspuppylove :  LOL what’s the silliest thing you’ve done recently? Last week I was in tears because I had myself convinced that lots of years of wearing perfume have rendered me infertile, even though I’ve already had preliminary infertility testing and everything came back normal. I’ve spent so much money on natural/scent/paraben/sulfate-free everything, which is probably good anyway, but I feel SO silly explaining why I bought $40 shampoo to my husband.

MsGinkgo :  Only time will tell as far as your temps go, but O pains are a really good sign. I always think it means I’m having an extra strong ovulation… like I release a gold-plated super egg lol FX’d for you! 

DrunkInLove :  That’s a really good sign! Our bodies are amazing and resilient things. And smoothies are amazing regardless! Do you use a Vitamix? Fav fertility smoothie recipe?

Post # 123
203 posts
Helper bee

I was soo close to being able to join the May POAS board, but alas FF has put my POAS date as June 3 if we start trying in May. The past few months I have been keeping track of CM and using OPKs to determine O date. I wake up a lot during the night so I am not sure about temping yet. The last two months I have been getting EWCM two days before a positive OPK, not at the same time. Should I rely more on the positive OPK than EWCM to determine O date?

Post # 125
203 posts
Helper bee

MsGinkgo :  I mean it would make sense, the EWCM isn’t showing up particularly early (CD13/14). I have TCOYF on my kindle, but I only just started reading it.

Post # 126
152 posts
Blushing bee

SundayKat :  I think the silliest was the other day after BDing I told my husband I was going to lie there awhile so he got up and went into the next room. Then I decided to elevate my lower half by putting my hands on the floor and keeping my lower half on the bed. As I was getting in position my husband walked in and I was so embarrassed haha.

I’ve also spent so much money on opks, pregnancy tests, preseed, etc. It’s ridiculous. I’ve done the legs against the wall yoga pose every day for a few cycles, have done fertility yoga… the only thing I’ve really given up on is watching what I eat because after the first 3 months of no coffee or alcohol I was like, screw it!

Post # 127
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016

MsGinkgo :  just wanted to chip in and say that I temp in Celsius to one dp and I’ve always been able to see a clear temp shift, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that specifically. Out of the 4 cycles I’ve been charting, I got solid cross hairs on FF for 3 of them, and I’m 99% sure the other one was anovulatory because I also didn’t get sore boobs at all, which I usually do starting around 5 days before AF is due.

And I’m with you all on the silly TTC things! Even my DH has started to lift my legs in the air and try shake them around a bit after BDing to make sure it all really gets in there, when he knows I might be in the fertile window 😂

Post # 130
176 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

DrunkInLove :  I’m totally with you on search history. When DH picks up my iPad I’m always like ‘oh no, I hope my search on *insert weird fertility/TTC search* isn’t still showing! 

Post # 131
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

mrspuppylove :  when we got our bfp with #1 we only bd twice all month hopefully you just get good timing.

Post # 133
47 posts
Newbee

MsGinkgo :  I’m not very familiar with temping :(. What exactly do the crosshairs and spike tell you? 

Post # 135
47 posts
Newbee

MsGinkgo :  Thank you very much for taking the time to explain!  I’ve seen a lot of Bees using and talking about Fertility Friend. I’m a horribly sensitive sleeper. Sometimes I’m awake for hours, sometimes I sleep like a rock, other times I toss and turn all night, so I don’t think temping is for me…  I’m assuming the green E on CD14 is eggwhite? With that and your crosshair, O likely happened between CD12 and 14? If so, I’d say there’s a chance the egg was around for the 3 BDs?  😊 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors