May 2017, we've got only a few months left!

posted 6 months ago in May 2017
Post # 16
2814 posts
Sugar bee

Lol I am just a couple weeks out and just totally lost it on FI today because he rolled his eyes when I said we need to figure out the seating asap because it affects the florist. “Why does it affect her if we have 15 instead of 16 tables?” he askes, annoyed. Me: “BECAUSE WE ARE HAVING ARRANGEMENTS ON THE TABLES AND SHE NEEDS TO KNOW HOW MANY TO PREPARE AND OUR BUDGET WILL BE IMPACTED THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE DO NOT ROLL YOUR EYES AT ME!!!

lol we laughed about it soon after but damn, all these last minute logistics are making me crazy, and it doesn’t help that FI has like no interest in any of the details or apparently even a remote understanding of what it takes to plan an event for 100+ people.

Post # 17
1256 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

We’re at the end of the month thank goodness (May 26)

So many little things to finish! We constructed our arch on Saturday, I finished designing our menus and programs yesterday and they’re currently printing at home (we invested in a photo/cardstock printer and it saved so much money). Need to finish buying gifts!! Need rehearsal dinner outfit. Need to finish bridal shower thank yous. Need to practice dancing (ugh). Need to send song list to DJ. Finish seating chart. Finish a backdrop we’re doing.

It feels endless but at least these are things we’ve started or are almost done with 

Post # 18
203 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017 - Northern Territory, Australia

We’re now two weeks away exactly! 18 May! 

Ive still got people not RSVPd or who have RSVPd and now need to cancel (all with valid reasons). I’m pretty calm considering it’s been a long engagement and most of its planned. But I still need to do the vows (FI is very private and doesn’t want to say them in front of everyone), attend decorator final meetings, put together a song list (this is doing my head in!), create the centrepieces (mostly done), steam and fold napkins, create signs (mostly done), create a master timeline and get my dress altered. I also need to figure out transport as we’re not hiring cars.

Getting my dress altered is hard – I’ve had one app (and have the next tomorrow) but they can only do the apps between 10am- 3pm Monday to Friday. As a lawyer in a major litigation at the moment this is almost impossible! I’m sneaking out on lunch breaks I don’t normally have! 

It also doesn’t feel real yet. My hens is on the 13th so I wonder if that’ll make it feel more real! 

Post # 19
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

May 28th over here!

I still have one dress fitting (just to make sure all is good), need to order/buy gifts, find some cheap dang Iris colored suspenders, order my bulk flowers, get in contact with our Dj/officiant (same person, its great, and family friend), email over all my pictures I know I want to our photographer, update all our information since our venue changed TWO days ago haha, write vows even though it won’t be read in front of everyone, and do lots of deep breathing. relax. yoga. relax. warm lavender baths. excercise. RELAX. deep breathing. did i mention relax?

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors