(Closed) May 20/21/22 – 8 months!!

posted 7 years ago in May 2011
Post # 4
877 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Oh it’s getting closer and closer!!  I don’t have much time this month to work on too much (Sept/Oct are my busiest months at work), but a few things that I plan on doing in the next little bit are:

Getting my wedding band

Taking e-photos

Still on the constant lookout for shoes

Get together with BMs in Oct to pick out their dresses

Confirm whether or not we want to change ceremony venues

@OttawaBride2011: Good idea on gathering the your guests’ addresses now!  I may have to copy that! 🙂

Post # 5
2239 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Yay!!! 

I need to:

-Finish paying for my wedding gown

-Get together with bridesmaids and shop for their dresses

-Work on my save the dates

-I’m gradually buying the wine and beer so I need to keep buying that.

– Work on misc DIY projects.

-Find and book an officiant

I think we will wait to register til January. No one in my family has said anything about a shower at all yet, and my sister is going to be starting basic training around that time…I think February. None of us wanted her to enlist so it is kind of a tough time for my family especially with it being up in the air if she’ll be home for the wedding or not. 

Post # 8
401 posts
Helper bee

I am getting married that weekend!

We need to finalize with our DJ this month, we basically just have to sign the contract. We need to find an officiant, that’s our #1 at this point. Other then that I need to focus on school in the next couple months so I can pass and graduate the week before our wedding! I’m just doing little bits of planning here and there but looking at checklists and things I don’t think I’m really too far behind or anything. I’m planning to save much of my DYI and things that aren’t time sensitive at this point until my winter break, I will have lots of free time then.

Post # 10
79 posts
Worker bee

I’m getting married May 21, 2011

I’m doing well with the planning except finding a DJ I talked to one and he wanted $1200 to play from 4 to midnight. Is it just me or does that sound a little high? I would understand if we lived in a huge city, but we live in a small little town in Pa.

Post # 11
85 posts
Worker bee

@bridecomemay: Yes, I think that sounds way too high! I found one that has just recently started their business and is looking to build their portfolio. He isn’t really advertised yet and is using word of mouth. I would check around for referrals….and hope that helps!

Post # 12
79 posts
Worker bee

@ossmith  Yeah I’m going to start asking around I want a good dj but i am not paying $1200 if all else fails Ill just rent some speakers and have my cousin dj using his I pod, he does it for all of his fraternity parties in college.

The topic ‘May 20/21/22 – 8 months!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors