Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Woohoo! We have the same wedding date! πŸ™‚

I don’t have my dress yet though!

Post # 4
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

found my dress by chance at nordstrom so i snagged it while i still could.  We’ve got the church and the reception hall reserved…and haven’t done anything else πŸ™‚ I can’t wait to get started on the Save the Dates though!! How soon is too soon to send those babies out?

Post # 5
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Congrats! This is our wedding date too πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ It feels like soooo long away. We have bought our rings, bought my dress, decided on a reception venue, now trying to find a ceremony venue….sometimes I feel like I’m planning too early bc my fiance doesn’t understand the concept of venues booking early! But…I am just so excited! Are you having an outside wedding or inside? I want an outside ceremony but I hope it doesn’t rain a lot in May!

Post # 6
4385 posts
Honey bee

Congrats!!

I have the dress, the church, the reception venue, and the photographer!!! I’ve been planning since July. Now that it’s almost just a year away, it’s starting to feel closer πŸ™‚

Post # 7
396 posts
Helper bee

Yippy!!! I’m this day to!! I have my dress; our venue; our reception hall & our caterer. We are looking into booking the photographer this weekend & we’re still contemplating the DJ. As far as decor & things go; I’ll probably wait a little while to see if my taste changes. I know my color scheme for now and have BM dresses in mind. But i’m gonna wait and see what happens!! Yippie getting closer…..

Post # 8
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

This is my date too! I have a dress, venue, and coordinator. Have talked to several caterers and am working on making a decision. We have a photog meeting this evening and are pretty sure we want to book. Need to work on officiant, cake, and dj.

I saw on another thread that this date is supposedly “Judgement Day”. I’m not a Christian so I don’t believe its going to happen, but I also don’t like negative ju ju. What do you guys think?

Post # 9
396 posts
Helper bee

Yes i’ve heard of Judement Day. I got slammed pretty hard for bringing it up in the past. My lips are sealed on the subject! lol

Post # 10
877 posts
Busy bee

We have our venue (reception and ceremony will be at the same place, but we’re also looking at other potential sites for the ceremony), and photographer booked.  FI’s sister has a cake business so we’re going with her for the cake.  I have my wedding band and dress picked out, but haven’t ordered them yet.

FI and I are going to Asia in May and like some of our other friends, we’ll be looking for a lot of wedding stuff there (favors, veil, hair fascinators, decor, traditional dress, etc).  I’m holding out on buying my dress just so I can see what I can find overseas as well, and I’m also looking in to having a dress custom made.  If that falls through, I’ll just order the dress I already have picked out.

I didn’t know about Judgement day until kate169’s post.  But I’m not Christian either, so it makes no difference to me.

Post # 12
302 posts
Helper bee

So cool to find other brides for 5/21/2011!  Go us!

I have the dress, the photog and the reception venue … but no place for the ceremony yet!  Eep!

Post # 13
141 posts
Blushing bee

Me too!  Got the reception venue & ceremony venue decided upon and now just checking out photographers.  Guest list is properly hashed out also.  =)

Post # 15
12 posts
Newbee

Although we’ve been engaged for a couple of years, we just set our date of May 21st 2011 a couple of weeks ago.  So now all of the wedding excitement has begun.  We booked our reception and ceremony location already so I’m still working on the rest of the details.

Post # 16
151 posts
Blushing bee

@magbride I’m sorry to hear that! πŸ™ My FI and I had to live across the state from each other for a year and a half because of his work, and it was hard, but we talked on the phone every night, and texted each other like crazy. Though it seemed like it would take forever, the time flew by! Try thinking of the time in smaller increments, like focus on getting through each month, rather than thinking of how long a whole year is.

I think the distance did wonders for our communication, because we were forced to talk to spend time together, since we couldn’t just sit in the same room. We’ve always been good at communicating, but it made us talk about things we would normally not think to talk about. I guess it’s hard to explain lol

Anyhow, May 2011 will be here before you know it! Laughing

The topic ‘May 21, 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors