(Closed) May 29, 2011. 10 day forecast not great!

posted 7 years ago in May 2011
Post # 3
948 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I am so upset!!  Two days ago it was suppose to be sunny 0% chance of rain.  Now it’s forecasted to rain!!  I have to go and find cute umbrella’s for the darn pictures!

Any suggestions?  I’ll probably have to rush ship them too. 🙁

Post # 4
23 posts
Newbee

The weather forecast will probably keep changing all week. My forecast says sunny, but four days ago, the forecast said the high would be 69, two days ago it said it would be 85, and now it says 75. The range of lows is from the mid-50’s to high 60’s so I just placed an order to rent patio heaters just in case. The woman who owns the venue said many guests left early last week because they were chilly which would make me feel awful (the ceremony and reception are both outdoors).

I wish I could keep myself from looking at the forecast for the 29th until at least Wednesday…

Post # 5
Hostess
18646 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Hopefully it will all be okay!  It poured up to my wedding but the day of the wedding it was perfect out!  Either way, your weddings will be beautiful!

Post # 6
168 posts
Blushing bee

The 10 day forecast is almost never accurate.  I’m refusing to worry about it, because there’s nothing I can do, and it’s only going to make me crazy if I obsess!

I bought cute umbrellas for some outdoor pictures, and luckily the inside of our venue is gorgeous.  If it rains, it rains.  All that matters is that our guests have a good time and that we’re married!

Post # 7
948 posts
Busy bee

@JBelle7757:  If you don’t mind me asking, where did you purchase the umbrella’s?

Post # 8
168 posts
Blushing bee

@Nati-Lyte:  Target.  I just ransacked the display until I found colors I liked!

Post # 9
1944 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Don’t worry yet, it is way too early. For our wedding it said storms all the way up till Friday then it changed. Woke up Saturday to pure sunny skies! Weather changes on a daily basis, sometimes hourly!

Post # 10
948 posts
Busy bee

🙁  It’s now up to 60% chance of rain 7-days out…

Post # 13
948 posts
Busy bee

I’m driving myself nuts!!  I need to go for a run or something..

Just checked the weather and it’s now Isolated thunderstorms with a bright sun also pictured, and 30% rain.

I can’t help but check!!

Post # 14
948 posts
Busy bee

I’m self diagnosing my OCD when it comes to checking weather.com

The good news?  The temperature for May 29th keeps climbing!  We’re up to 74

The bad news?  The change of rain is at 40% now.

Post # 15
3672 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I don’t know if this helps but I had like an 80% chance of rain on my wedding day.  It rained for about an hour at 10am and then it became sunny.  Also, my photographer told me Target has good umbrellas if it’s necessary.  In the mean time, to keep yourself sane, look up pictures of weddings in the rain, they’re really cute and in the end I was actually sad it didn’t rain for at least a few minutes to get some of those pictures! I had my rain boots and cute umbrella all ready!

Post # 16
948 posts
Busy bee

@mandb122:  I love the rain boots idea!!

The topic ‘May 29, 2011. 10 day forecast not great!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors