Post # 1
What all did you accomplish this past weekend and what are your plans for this upcoming week?
– We (finally) paid the downpayment for the rehearsal dinner.
– FI designed the invites for the rehearsal.
– FI designed the guest book.
– I ordered two dresses- hopefully at least 1 can be worn for my shower or the rehearsal.
– We spray painted the 3D letters that will be on the dessert table (YUM) and the letters my FG and RB will be carrying down the aisle (C & C).
– Worked on our send off ribbon wands.
– Ordered flower girl gift off of Etsy.
– Decided on alcohol selection for reception.
This coming week:
– Fitting #2 on Tuesday.
– Make up trial on Wednesday.
– Marital counseling on Saturday.
– Buy Toms for reception.
– Work on ribbon wands (find the damn peach ribbon that seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth!)
– Contact florist regarding mock ups.
– Decide on popsicle flavors for late night reception snack.
– FI will design programs.
– FI will design welcome sign and the sign for the ribbon wands.
– Begin purchasing items for welcome bags.
Post # 3
- Wedding: May 2013 - Walt Disney World
We bought the FG dress, our card box and ordered our cake topper! This week I need to get in touch with my wedding planner for some questions I have and call my seamstress about my second fitting. We are still receiving RSVPs until the end of the month. We were also looking at guest book ideas but haven’t found any we like yet. 🙂
Post # 4
We just started receiving our RSVP’s this past Tuesday, so we also have about a month longer to get them back (and, of course, then track folks down).
For our guest book we wanted something we could hang on our wall and see vs. advice cards or something that will be put away and never looked at again. I found a Martha Stewart print that FI changed the colors of and we’re going to put it in a glass-less frame either flat on a table or propped on an easel for people to sign.
Post # 5
BUMP. What’s going on this week, ladies?
Post # 6
-Bridal shower! It ws AWESOME
-Enclosure cards for the invitations were made and completed. They were a last-minute addition.
-Distributed the bridesmaid dresses to the bridesmaids.
-Mail international invitations
-Order guest book
-Update wedding website with all of the current details.
-Look at catering menu for meeting with caterer in 2 weeks.
Post # 7
@caits615: OOoo last week we…
- Did our 60 day walk through with the venue.
- Payed for our engagement session.
- Paid for venue in total.
- I found a bra for my dress
- I exchanged my veil.
- Found a dress for the engagement session
- Met with the makeup artist
- Bought the gifts for my bridesmaids
- Got contact lenses (for the first time ever)
Hm. I know I did way more than that. This week we need to meet with the baker, send my ring to get resized, I need to start working out… and make a list of everything else that needs to be done.
Post # 8
I addressed all envelopes, and tied all the ribbons on our pocketfolds. Shower this weekend! We took engagement pics last Friday. I ordered his ring tonight.
This week, I must decide on which DIYs I’m going to start or give up on and make a final decision on rentals and what else to get from the florist. I also will make a final decision on jewelry and a sash and place the order.
Post # 9
- Wedding: May 2013 - Walt Disney World
Our unity candle arrived, mom bought her dress and found shoes to order, I booked my trial makeup/hair and also for the day of, all the men are fitted, flower girl gift is purchased, FG tiara and my headband are on the way, our paperwork for the marriage license arrived (just need a notary now), and I’m sure there’s more!
Post # 10
Sounds like everyone is busy and productive!!
Post # 11
booked the photog today and got our marriage license.
my dress is making it’s way through UPS and will be here next week. I ordered it in November! damn you allure and your making me wait!
found a suit for FI today, buying instead of renting because renting makes me too nervous.
got bachelorette invitations designed and they arrived.
last week helped address and send out the shower invites.
started the program design.
started the music playlists.
tons more to do but I have a handle on it i feel!
Post # 12
So I managed to accomplish everything I set out to do this past week, but nothing got accomplished that I listed for this weekend- we did accomplish stuff, just none of those things.
-Marriage counseling yesterday
-Completed ring bearer’s gift and got the bracelet I ordered for the flower girl.
-Purchased frames for our “Thank You” sign and our send off sign.
– Bought the materials to make the noisemakers for the send off (half ribbon wands/half noise makers)
This Coming Week:
-Tasting and deciding on final menu on Tuesday.
-Fitting #3 on Thursday
-Hoping to schedule another make up trial this week (last weeks was AWFUL)
-Buying a dress for my shower
-Deciding on bracelets for my bridesmaids
-Designing programs, other signs, and menu
-Start collecting stuff for the welcome bags
-Print the rehearsal dinner invites.
What are you ladies up to?
Post # 14
Hmm let’s see…
Things I’ve Done the Past Week
- Figured out ceremony music
- Outlined ceremony and vows
- Ordered cake topper
- Took engagement pictures (to use for guest book)
- Had our cake tasting and decided on flavors and design
- Got back lots of RSVPs!! :]
Things to Do Next Week
- Go for my first fitting (hopefully!)
- Get our marriage license (Yaaaay!!!)
- Pick up my wedding ring
- Pick up my engagement ring from getting resized
I think that’s it! I’m sure I’m forgetting some things but I have no idea what they would be haha. :]
Post # 15
Is it just me or is everyone getting their licenses really early? In OK we only have a 10 day window from getting it ’til the wedding. 30 days total to get it back, but only 10 to use it.
Post # 16
@itsashleyday: I live in Washington, and here we have a 60 day window that the license is valid during, and 30 days after to turn it in. So I guess there can be a really big difference from state to state!