Post # 1
True story: the Mega Millions lottery is now at almost half a billion dollars. I’ve never seen it this high in my entire life.
So it begs the popular question: what would YOU do with it? Top 5 things only, as I’m sure this list could go on and on. 🙂
- Meet with my accountant and lawyer.
- Get coverage for my shop. Tell my fiance to quit his job and fly home immediately (he works out of state M-F), surprise him with yet another flight – but this one goes down to St. Croix/Kitts where we hang out for a month and let it sink in, then start making plans.
- Figure out my donations: definitely to our local volunteer animal rescue, our cancer institute, etc.
- Get new cars, at least for our time left/to keep in Columbus. I’d get an Aston Martin and he’d probably get a Nissan GT-R. We’d keep the Pilot for practical reasons. ha!
- Take my parents, then my best girls out on the most insane shopping spree ever.
Post # 3
1. Get an attorney and accountant ASAP
2. Pay off my parent’s house and all of their bills
3. Donate to an animal rescue or some type of foundation for animals
4. Pay off the wedding and honeymoon
5. Buy the most HUMONGO house this town has ever seen
Post # 4
1. Pay off our little bit of debt
2. Buy a house and a new car for me!
3. Meet with the right peopl to figure out how to invest and hopefully be able to live off the interest
4. Go on the bestest vacation ever and a shopping spree
5. Give notice at my job!
Post # 5
1. Go straight to lawyer, then accountant.
2. Quit jobs. (well, Darling Husband anyway)
3. Go on month-long all-inclusive vacation/honeymoon to escape the frenzy.
4. Donate (church, other groups) and pay off student loans.
5. Spend!! Some on family and friends, then get awesome cars, and an awesome house with an awesome garage to keep them in, in an awesome neighborhood where our money won’t stand out.
Post # 6
Well, definitely talk to an accountant and a lawyer asap, but since you asked what I would do with the money, and not what I would do after I got the money, I’m not counting that!
- Buy a house.
- Buy my SO a new car.
- Buy my mom her dream house.
- Buy my SO’s dad his dream car.
- Invest & save.
Post # 7
i’m so going to buy a ticket a lunch – you gotta play to win!
2) buy a house
3) thow out every piece of clothing i own and buy a whole new wardrobe
4) plan an vacation of a lifetime with my family
5) quit my job and buy a gold claim in alaska? haha i’ve got the fever!
Post # 8
It’s the highest I’ve ever seen too!
1. Accountant/Lawyer – Set up a trust so that our names aren’t released to the public.
2. Deal with the financials – How much we immediatly put away for savings, how much we donate, how much we are giving to family, setup trust and college fund for stepson.
3. Quit jobs
4. Payoff all off all of our debt.
5. Plan a trip to celebrate (Can’t be gone for too long, we’d miss our stepson!)
That was harder than I thought!
Post # 9
In reality, I’d probably die if I won that much money (or whatever the lump sum is) because honestly, we could easily do 3/5 things on my list with $1 million). $5-$10 million and we could live off interest and afford not to work, and still have plenty to pay for future kids through college.
That is an insane amount of money!
Post # 10
1) Pay off all my friends student loans (anonymously if poss)
2) Pay off all friends/family’s mortgages (anonymously if poss)
3) Send Mr. Meowerson and I back to school
4) Get a FABULOUS house and pay it off outright
5) Get a vacation house somewhere
and then save/invest, yadda yadda…
I should add, I’d be happy with say, 2 or 3 million total winnings too =)
Post # 11
1) Pay off student loans
2) Purchase an amazing house
3) Quit our jobs
4) Travel (cruise around the world sounds fun! If I got tired of it in the middle, I could just hop off at the next dock and buy a plane ticket home)
5) Become really good at some crafting type activity (I think it’d be fun to spin and dye my own yarn, then knit/weave with it
6) Get my own running coach
Post # 12
The first thing I would do is “do a freaking happy dance and freak out a little and scream”
Now back to business lol
1- laywer, accountant
2- buy my mom a house and pay In law’s house
3 – pay our debts and become debt free
4 – travel
5 – invest for kids
Post # 13
1. Accountant/Lawyer – I agree with getting everything set up and invested in the right spot so that you’re set.
2. Pay off our houses, our parents’ houses, my brothers’ houses and give them each a portion. A half billion dollars is a LOT of money!
3. Donate a lot to my church and some charities.
4. Plan a trip with all of our friends. I’d probably rent out a fabulous resort in the Carribbean!
5. Quit our jobs. Oh it would be so fabulous!
Post # 14
1. quit my job
2. make calls… get a lawyer/call family
3. pay off debt
4. go on vacation
5. buy a house and car while at our favorite vacation destination probably go on a huge shopping spree there too
Post # 15
First things I would do would be put in my two weeks notice to my job, get an accountant and a lawyer, and shit my pants.
5 things I’d do with the money?
1. Pay off my small student loans
2. Travel, travel, travel.
3. Splurge: Buy a new home/vehicles. Go on insane shopping trip. Buy my mom a new home. Help out my family.
5. Open a dog rescue.
Post # 16
1. lawyer, accountant, etc.
2. pay off our mortgage and bills. Same for our parents, siblings and friends. Also give them some fun money too
3. Plan trips to wherever we want 🙂
4. Figure out where to make donations
5. Be in shock and figure out what I will do with all the free time now that we dont have to work!