- 2 years ago
- Wedding: May 2014
Who else is getting married on Memorial Day weekend?? I’m getting married on May 25 and I’m surprised at how fast it’s all sneaked up! (I had some major events at work the past few weeks and I think that’s helped. 🙂 )
Two questions for all of you:
- What more do you have to do? Do you feel prepared?
- What decline rate did you have?
I feel like I’m doing pretty well – here are the things I still have to do:
- Finish up the program, table seating, directions between ceremony and reception, and kids activity booklet.
- Make some signs for guestbook area, present area, etc
- Make the escort cards once table seating is finalized
- Write a day-of information sheet for all the bridesmaids and our planner with important numbers
- Write a comprehensive timeline (we only have a simple one right now) to make sure that I’ve remembered to give everyone the information they need (my photographer, my hair stylist, our friend who’s acting as shuttle driver for those who can’t make a 10 minute walk between ceremony and reception, our best man who is emcee, etc)
- Get two last RSVPs taken care of for the wedding and like 8-10 for our rehearsal dinner
- Pack for honeymoon (we’re leaving the day after the wedding) and my night-of bag / emergency kit for the wedding
Decline rate: We ended up inviting 225 people and had a 30% decline rate (pretty good in my opinion for Memorial Day weekend, no save the date, and a lot of people from out of town!) In all, we’re looking at 157-159 people depending on these last two we’re waiting to hear from!
I can’t wait! I’ve been pretty calm apparently – everyone at work has been talking about how calm I am with the wedding two weeks away and that they’d expect me to be more frazzled or not able to get as much done – hah. I guess I hide it well, because my insides are all bubbly and I can’t stop thinking about the wedding!