- 3 years ago
- Wedding: July 2014
So my parents and I went to the caterer tasting last night (Mr. S missed out since he’s in another state right now) and OH MY GOSH. So pleasantly surprised! We are swapping out the chicken dish for another – the one the buffet came with would have been awesome with mashed potatoes but that’s not on the list so it was just sort of “eh” and it didn’t look too appetizing.
C.I. Shenanigans is catering (for you PNW bees) and we chose the Pacific Northwest Buffet:
- Ceasar salad and bread service
- Almond Crusted Salmon with Bacon Tomato Relish
- Chicken Marsala (this is what we are swapping out, for lemon chicken)
- Tomato Basil Farfalle pasta (vegetarian option)
- Ratatouille vegetables
Turns out the original person I worked with gave me incorrect info on the beverage pricing. Due to her info, we had elected to bring everything ourselves (except the champagne for the toast) and just pay a flat corkage/service fee but turns out they have better options.
- For $2/pp we get unlimited coffee, punch, lemonade and iced tea all night. We had previously only selected coffee during cake for $.50/pp because she didn’t tell us the first option.
- We weren’t aware they offer pony kegs either which we changed to. I didn’t want to do a single keg because I wanted people to have more options than that. 2 pony kegs (120 beers) will only cost $60 more than one keg and we don’t get charged the $100 service fee for beer because we’d be serving their beer so we actually save $40 and don’t have the hassle of bringing beer to the venue (which we’d be lucky to get for $1/bottle at Costco). We are thinking of serving the IPA and the Blonde – one dark, one light.
- We are planning to bring in wine (even with corkage it’s cheaper than theirs), one red and one white
Then dessert is our cake, obviously. 🙂 We will have three flavors served since each tier is different.
- White cake with lemon filling
- Red Velvet with Bavarian cream (combo was surprisingly good)
- Champagne Swirl with white chocolate mousse