(Closed) Menus for May 2013 weddings

posted 5 years ago in May 2013
Post # 3
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

We are DIY all the way!  Shredded chicken sandwiches, cocktail meatballs, cold cut/cheese trays, veggie trays, and a sundae bar, as well as a small cake- FI doesn’t like cake very much.  He also doesn’t want to drink around his 6 year old son, so we’ll have lemonade and iced tea (and a secret cooler of beer, if I know my dad Wink).

Your menu sounds yummy, especially the chickpea fritters!  Are you guys vegetarians? 

Post # 4
290 posts
Helper bee

We are doing an italian-american style

3 Course, Italian-American inspired dinner

-1st Course – Appetizers (buffet platter)
   1.Veal and Pork Saltimbocca
        -Bite sized pieces of veal and pork lightly seasoned and sauteed.  Topped with mozzarella cheese, cured ham, and fresh sage
    2.Pizza Puffs
        -Puff pastry stuffed with mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and brushed with tomato puree

-Main Course – served cafeteria style
    1.Chicken Roulade
        – Tender spinach and cheese stuffed chicken breast roulade with a white raisin and black pepper glaze.  Served on a savory risotto with wilted spinach and toasted sun dried tomato bruschetta.
    2. Chicken Nuggets
        – Delicious, hand-made chicken nuggets coated with seasoned bread crumbs and served with hand cut french fries

– Desert – served cafeteria style
    1.  Tiramisu
        – Potent espresso and rum soaked ladyfingers layered with mascarpone cheese and topped with dark, shaved chocolate
    2.  Banana Split Sundae
        – Sweet vanilla ice cream surrounded by tart pineapple chunks, strawberries, and chocolate sauce.  Topped with chopped walnuts and whipped cream

We tried to make sure we ahve stuff on menu for the younger kids

Post # 5
61 posts
Worker bee

We are serving:

Passed Appetizers

Lobster Bisque served in a demitasse

Maryland Style Crab Cakes with classic Remoulade

Mini Bleu Cheese Burgers with carmelized onions

Crispy Sesame Shrimp with ginger soy dipping sauce

Wild Mushroom Phyllo Triangles

Fruit and Cheese Station

Seated Dinner

1st course: Arugula and Strawberry Salad

2nd course: Seared Filet Mignon with Roquefort Butter & Madeira Sauce, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Haricot Vert bundled in a scallion ribbon OR Grilled Swordfish with a Lemon White Wine Butter Sauce, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Snow Peas & Baby Carrots

Dessert: Milk & Cookies (we’re not cake fans) and a mini desserts buffet

I hope I get to eat!!

Post # 7
104 posts
Blushing bee

We’re doing Middle Eastern Family Style:

Cabbage salad
Pickled turnips and olives
Lebne
Hummus
Babaganuj
Tabbouleh
Stuffed grape leaves
Jajek cucumber and yogurt salad

Fatayer cheese turnovers
Kofta ground beef and bulgar
Falafal

Chicken, filet and ground beef lulah kabobs with onions and parsley, pita, rice and bulgar pilaf

Wedding cake, fresh fruit, Turkish coffee and a 2 hour open bar!

ETA: All your menus sound amazing! YUM!

Post # 8
170 posts
Blushing bee

@paperwhite:  Yours sounds awesome! I would have loved to have something like that! 

We are serving:

Cocktail hour:

-Vegetables & dip

-homemade Chex Mix

Buffet:

-rolls & butter

-salad w/choice of dressing

-spinach lasagna

-chicken with white wine cream sauce

-herb roasted potatoes

-country style green beans

Dessert:

-homemade cupcakes- salted caramel, pistachio, wedding white, and chocolate mint

We love cooking and I love unique food….I really wish that we could have had more interesting or gourmet food (like caprese salad, goat cheese, or seafood, to name a few) but it just really wasn’t in the budget. Oh well, I like our menu, and I’m sure our guests will, too. 

Post # 9
104 posts
Blushing bee

@IngridS:  Yum! Salted caramel anything is amaaaazing. I’m sure it will all be delicious.

The topic ‘Menus for May 2013 weddings’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors