Mexico Honeymoon for $2,000 in November??

posted 3 years ago in Honeymoons
  • poll: Playa, Cabo or??
    Playa Del Carmen : (1 votes)
    25 %
    Cabo : (2 votes)
    50 %
    Other, please explain : (1 votes)
    25 %
  • Post # 2
    206 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

Are you familiar with http://www.cheapcaribbean.com ?  I am usually wary of booking through travel sites, but we booked our all-inclusive trip to the Riviera Maya through them 2 years ago and it turned out great!  My parents have used them several times for trips to Mexico and Jamaica.  I am certain you would find plenty of options in your price range! 

Post # 3
    3693 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

How many days are you hoping to go for?

ETA: also, does the 2k budget include flights?

Post # 4
    705 posts
    Busy bee

waterbaby:  plus 1 for cheap Caribbean. I use them for all tropical vacations. We went to riVera maya last november over thanksgiving and paid about 2000 for everything with excursion.  

Post # 7
    milkcowBee
    216 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2014 - The Meeting House/DoubleTree by Hilton

+1 for Cheap Caribbean – I’ve heard great things, but never actually used it.

We’re going to Cancun for our honeymoon. If you’re open to that, the Gran Caribe Real might have options in your price range? We’re spending almost 3K, but we got a nicer room. The resort is all-inclusive and the price includes flights and airport transfers in Cancun. I don’t have anything on Cabo or Playa del Carmen though 🙁

Post # 8
    705 posts
    Busy bee

soontobehisbride:  we stayed at occidental grand xcarte. It was nice. It wasn’t like OMG AMAZING but it was worth the money and a good time. I stayed at the occidental on cozumel I liked that one a little more. More beach area and the staff was nicer I thought. 

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  DisneyKb.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  DisneyKb.
    Post # 9
    206 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

soontobehisbride:  We stayed at the Hacienda Tres Rios- which, if memory serves, was roughly $3k for 2 people for 6 days all-inclusive in March.  It was nice, we had a great time!  There was a lot to do there, as it’s an “eco-resort” with a nature park.  It’s not the type of resort I would usually opt for- I am more of a “sun and drinks on the beach” kind of girl.  The focus there is more on activity and adventure.  We did a bike tour, kayaked up the streams to the ceynotes, took a hobicat out into the ocean, visited Tulum… though we did do our fair share of drinking and relaxing poolside.  It doesn’t look like it’s on cheap caribbean anymore, but I did find it on http://www.bookit.com .   Also a good website I forgot about! 

Post # 10
    boaconstrictorBee
    450 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2012 - El Faro Convention center, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

We are leaving for Playa del Carmen (the resort is in Akumal though) tomorrow to celebrate our 2nd Anniversary. We’ll be staying at Grand Bahia Principe Sian Kian, all inclusive and adults only. It was around $1,500 for 4 nights so you could defenitively get a week for around 2K. I’ll post pictures when we get back

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors