Mia Solano M1441Z anyone??!

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
175 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

copperbird90:  I saw this dress in store when I bought my Mia Solano dress in December ’13. I think your dress is elegant and very beautiful. I find with the Mia Solano gowns that the ones with bling are noticeable and I don’t think you will have any issues with your guests not being able to see it!

Post # 5
175 posts
Blushing bee

copperbird90:  I agree with you, with a lot of the stock photos it seems to be that way unless if the dress has some tulle/see through fabric with the sparkles on top.  Have you bought your dress home yet or retried it? I ordered Aubrey and in the stock photo the boat neckline and cap sleeves dont cover the model’s shoulder, but on me they do. It might just be me but on the photo of the model the sleeve looks a bit awkward, like it needs to be slightly longer. The top of the dress doesn’t look quite so clear on me either.

Post # 7
175 posts
Blushing bee

copperbird90:  I hope yours arrives early! Mine arrived about 6 weeks early so maybe yours will too. I get to try it on again on Thursday so if the sleeve sits awkwardly I will extend it, but the one I tried on in store sat pretty nicely so I guess it will depend on how the one in my size fits. If I do add sleeves it will be a case of just buying some white soft tulle and adding an extension of it, but I am hoping I can keep the dress the way it is. If I can get a photo of me in it during the week I will post it up.

The belt is actually attached on the dress and isn’t removable unless you unstitch it. My mum hates it but I really like the sparkle 🙂 I reckon if you want to make the belt with the ribbon then why not! I think it would look really nice against the lace to have a small bit of ribbon at the back. I don’t know of many Mia Solano stockists but  I got mine at Luv Bridal and they have sashes and belts that you can buy that are very beautiful.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors