Post # 1
Groomy and I have 80 days to go, yay!!!! I wanted to do a mid-July update on what we’ve accomplished this month. For the sake of my sanity I am not going to attatch a to-do list. This is meant to be a feel good post, LOL!
- Finalized wedding brunch buffet menu after going to our tasting w/groomy’s mama, daddy, and sister (they helped us choose)
- Told venue we’d like white linens on the outdoor terrace tables
- Bought mini versions of our indoor centerpieces for the outdoor terrace at the dollar store (seriously, go to the dollar store — they have nice stuff girls). We got 4 mirrored tiles and 4 mini hurricane candle holders that match our indoor ones (that are provided by our venue) very well! They also have candles I may go back and get.
- Bought table number holders
- Created a mock up for a table number — everyone liked it
- Sent in my garter measurements to the etsy seller finally
- Recieved garter in the mail and tried it on — perfect fit! Seller is awesome if you’re still looking for a garter you may wanna check her out. I’ll post her info if anyone is curious.
- Decided we’re not doing a champagne or mimosa toast
- Talked with bridesmaids about bridal shower and gave some input to them
- Was excitedly informed that shower invites will probably go out the beginning of next week
- Booked our florist after talking to the original guy
- Checked into honeymoon flights and we’re getting closer to booking one
- Talked about when I’d be moving in with him some
- Looked into edible favors some because Grandma says “we’re doing this thing up big….so you should have an edible favor too!” LOL She’s so cute. She thinks we should still do our bookmark favor idea but have an edible favor also.
- Spent time with the groomy and enjoyed some much needed together time after he was gone for a week on a business trip.
Woo, that feels good. So what have my fellow October 2012 bees acommplished thus far?
Post # 3
- I got them to switch out the salmon for cheese and crackers on our salmon/fruit display during cocktail hour because we don’t really eat salmon the way they had it prepared (groomy doesn’t like fish at all). We’re cheese and cracker kind of people, lol. So are our friends and family.
- Also, I got them to make a note in our information that croissants are to be served as part of our pastries/desserts. Groomy loves them but they weren’t listed as an option so I convinced them. ^_^ Groomy will be happy.
Felt good to add more too, lol.
Post # 4
MY DRESS CAME IN OMG OMG OMG OMG *hyperventilates and passes out*
Few more things crossed off my to-do list:
- Scheduled first dress fitting appointment (August 3rd, 12pm)
- Bought centerpiece candles for inside and outside centerpieces today
- Bought kraft paper wrapping paper to wrap flower girl gift (dollar store)
- Bought kraft paper gift bags for bridesmaids/groomsmen gifts (dollar store 2 for $1.00 in case anyone is looking)
- Bought a Mr. & Mrs. Tervis cup for groomy and I (wasn’t really something on my to-do list but damn if they aren’t cute)
Sorry for big pics =) I had to share, lol.
What have you girls done?! I feel like I’m a on roll. Screw to to do list for the moment and look at the DONE this month list. Sure to make you feel good!!!! What have you girls done?
Post # 5
• I finalized my four flower girls attire. They’re going to be little ballerina’s
• Finally have all the groomsmen’s measurements to order their outfits (which I am doing tomorrow, so I guess it’s a half-done bullet)
• Finalized the first dance song (seriously it has taken us three months to decide)
• Bought the programs (Can we say 100 print your own for $20, yes I think we can Whoohoo!)
• Finalized the two readers and their selections
• Printed out all the Tears of Joy cards and have all the stuff bought and ready to assemble (Mom should be done with that in the next day or so)
• Bought the glitter mesh and other supplies to make two more wreaths for fellowship hall doors
• Finally purchased all of the plants for the outdoor planters and have all of the bottles/jars and globes to hang from the trees outside.
•Bought 1/2 of FI’s wedding gift (which he found and subsequently has early ) and also bought the last of my honeymoon attire
Wow, I’ve gotten more done than I thought. Thanks SuperDuperBrit for starting this thread. I needed that reminder that I already have a ton of stuff done. By The Way those cups are freakin’ adorable!
Post # 6
I am working on invitations this weekend. Super excited.
Future Mother-In-Law and I bought some stuff for the wedding. Can’t wait to start on the centerpieces.
Post # 7
@sapphiregriffin: Yay! See it feels good to list what has been done!! Last thread I posted was me in a complete panic thinking about everything I haven’t done. This is just happier, lol. You’ve gotten a lot done!! Your little flower girl ballerinas are gonna be so cute. Sounds adorable! =D
& thanks, I loved these cups yesterday when I saw them. They have bride/groom ones as well as his/her ones too. But I liked that the Mr./Mrs. ones were black/white like the bride and groom ones ^_^ and they can be used afterwards yay!
@Rouquine: That’s awesome! We just finished buying stuff for centerpieces so it’s really exciting. I can’t really assemble them at home because my venue has the hurricane candle holder & mirrorred tiles that we’re using. Glad they supplied them =] I did make a mock up w/a hurricane candle holder I had hahahaha. It’s fun to work on centerpieces! Enjoy!
Post # 8
@sapphiregriffin: I love the idea of the bottles/globes you are hanging from the trees! Do you have any pictures? Where did you get the supplies?
-This month I have:
-Bought my veil yesterday, hope I like it. (I ordered a birdcage from ebay) ; )
-Bought one of the presents for my bridesmaids
-Finished my flip flop baskets after buying them at the Old Navy $1 sale last month
-scheduled my hair trial and appointment for me and the bridesmaids for the wedding day
-finished my yarn wreath for my ceremony door.
-got some of my decorated bottles for centerpieces…thanks to my MOH!
-went to my brother’s wedding!
Started addressing invites, hoping to get those out soon
Bachelorette Party next month!!
meeting with Day of Coordinator and Caterer at venue this month.
feel like I still have so much to do!!!!
Post # 9
@risa33: I’m glad you like the idea. My family has a lot of the jars (my guest will also be drinking out of mason jars). Alot of the bottles Fiance and I actually have found hiking in the woods. We have also picked up a few pieces in thrift stores and flea markets. I’ve attached two of my inspiration pics. We plan to use black string (or magicians string) instead of twine so it will look more like the bottles/jars are actually floating in the air. I’ve also purchased some glass globes (from light fixtures) to hang.
Post # 10
@sapphiregriffin: That will be really pretty. Love that idea. I want to do that in our backyard when we eventually buy a house down the road. I think it’d be nice to for Forth of July parties. Mason jars are the best. <3
@risa33: Lucky you! I missed that flipflop sale =P but I did it for good reason. Anyways, my mission today is to buy the girls flipflops for the reception. ^_^ Going to attatch a little saying “dancing shoes for when your fancy shoes make your tootsies hurt” =P and add them in the giftbag. I like the idea of doing a big flipflop basket. I probably would have considered that more if I had hit the dollar sale, lol. Sounds like you got a bunch done!!!
We’re all doing so well!!
Honeymoon plans are going to be finalized this weekend for us I do believe! We were debating on whether or not to island hop and while I love the idea…we started to think that it may limit the amount of stuff we could do because we’d have to pay for another hotel/flight. I wanna do it up big when we go to Hawaii! So we just need to book our flight. =D
Post # 11
- We decided we want to rent a car when we’re on our honeymoon — started looking into that
We are on a roll. We were going to look at wedding bands tomorrow but we just realized the store we want to look at is closed. Oops. Guess we will be doing that when groomy gets back from his business trip.
Post # 12
is it sad that even thinking of writing this post is overwhelming? 🙂
Post # 13
@MrsManni: LOL, yes. Awww *hugs*
Post # 14
@SuperDuperBrit: I think your backyard is going to look awesome : ) I love jars and glass so we’re using tons. The problem is storing all this stuff
Update on my July list (just because I need to share and the eyes of my friends have started to glaze if I mention the word wedding) I ordered the groomsmen’s outfits, tablecloths and personalized napkins (Mama Griffin would not stop asking about) this weekend. And I’m sneaking a painting to the framer tomorrow to have prepared as FI’s surprise wedding gift. It’s a piece we got while we were on our engagement trip.
Now if I can just get the dress, the caterer, and the rings straightened out we should be all set.
Post # 15
Okay for a real post, so far this month (and before the month is over) we will have:
- had our first meeting with the florist
- filed out passports
- met with our pianist/vocalist
- picked our the glasses and candles from ikea which will go around floral centerpieces
- menues are complete
- escort cards are ordered and received (just need to make the folded pieces and glue them)
- stickers are complete for our favors
- set up picture sharing website and received cards to hand out
- finished purchasing items for children’s bags
I think that is all
Post # 16
– Honeymoon piad for in full.
– organised suit hire for boys and groom
-got wedding bands
– started adding to the gift registry (ONLY HAVE A FEW ITEMS ON IT)
– helped sis decide what I want to do after Bridal shower with the girls, Japanese and karaoke.
– finalised flowers (just need to pay for)
– Proofed invite mock up. signed off.
– Wedding Hangers came
– Dress is altered
– Bridesmaid dresses ordered
To do still:
– pay for flowers
– order cake
– make menus
– make direction cards
– compile extras to go in invites
– make photo cards (website all set up & paid for – snapthewedding.com)
– organise travel insurance
– contact venue again
– insure wedding bands
– make candles for centerpieces
– Make chalkboard sign for outside venue
– write up my work for when I am away next Term.
I’m sure there is more I have forgotten. it’s a little stressed in my life right now with my Mum finding out last week she has breast cancer. So we are trying to keep positive. I had my first wedding nightmare last night.