- 4 years ago
My MIL tried to completely ruin our wedding day and make it all about herself..and then she got mad at US. I just have to rant because I am trying to avoid complaining too much to DH since it is his mom and all.
1. She HIRED her own photographer for my wedding. Who then intruded on our first look, which really upset me because I’d been looking forward that moment with my FI all day.
2. She tried to barge in on me when I was getting ready and tried to physically push past my hair and make up lady who absolutely would not let her through because she knew I needed a minute alone. THe make up lady referred to her as “Godzilla” because she is a large woman and tried to physically force her way into the room.
3. Because she was not allowed in the bridal suite, she refused to get ready at all and was not ready for family pictures, even though two members of my bridal party and my mom AND FI asked her to get dressed. She felt entitled to do her hair and make up in my bridal suite, and when that did not happen – again thanks to my amazing vendors who stood up for me- she made several snide comments to my MOH like “I COULD get ready, but I am not going to because I am not allowed in there.” Then she shut herself in a bathroom and cried for 45 min because she was missing pictures and “didnt know” she had to be ready.
4. She finally came out after people repeatedly went to find her and made several rude comments during the few pictures we got of her family before the ceremony. She bit my photographer’s head off at one point and did not say a word to me. — this is the woman who can get ready for a formal event in less than 30 min on any other given day because she mocks anything ‘girly” or “feminine.”
5. She did not acknowledge the monogrammed handkerchief I sent to her or the engraved jewelry case with her name and didnt so much as give us a card, which is whatever, but worth mentioning.
6. After the ceremony she tried to take over pictures, when we only had 20 min of lighting left and DH and I did not have a single picture of just the two of us. I stood up for myself and walked away after she made a snide comment about needing them for her family photo album. I’m sorry but this day was about US not her. And we got plenty of her family indoors afterwards. (Would have had more if she was ready on time.)
She did not say a word to me the rest of the night and then gave DH and I the silent treatment the week of our honeymoon, which was a blessing honestly. When we got back his dad called and said she is STILL hysterical and mad at US. She hasn’t contacted me or returned either of our phone calls, so we are done trying to contact her for a bit. She sent DH a rude text and email, but that’s been the extent of our contact with her.
I want him to stand up for us because she acted AWFUL, but dont know how to proceed from here if she wont take our calls and turns it all back around on us. Thank goodness she lives hundreds of miles away!