Post # 1
First of all I am mother of the groom. Wedding date set for July 23, 2011. Since my son is far away I have taken great pleasure in helping plan this wedding. I love my FDL and would do anything for her. After all they were college sweethearts, and not too many young ladies could handle the separation.
This morning I woke up to a txt. Can we get our deposits back? That’s it. getting deployed 90 to 120 days. You see the dilemma? My first thought was please don’t tell the bride. She is already stressed finishing up her student teaching and exams. Just talked to her last night about going to pick up her dress Tuesday after waiting 6mos.
I don’t care about the money I have spent. But what do you do? Keep your fingers crossed and hope you get to keep the date? Things were finally coming together. Invitations were going out next week. Any advice?
My Daughter to be just txt and is devistated? I told her it will be OK. If only I believed it myself. Thanks for listening.
Post # 3
Has he talked with his commanding officer? Surely he must have had some reason to allow planning to go ahead for a wedding on that date?
Post # 4
Would it be possible to move it up and have it at a different venue?
Post # 5
@Raymone: check out WedSafe.com
Post # 6
Oh no! This happened to a friend of mine and they had to move everything up to accommodate the deployment. Sending lots of love and hugs to you and you FDL.
Post # 7
OMG My fingers are crossed for you 🙁 My FI’s deployment availability is also during our wedding day… This is like .. a nightmare. Hopefully everything works out, you can move it up or something 🙁 so so sorry
Post # 8
I’m so, so sorry… 🙁
It will be ok in some way… really!! It may not turn out the way it was originally planned, but keep focused on the positive things and maybe take the bride out for lunch or something special like that. And make sure he talks to his commanding officer about leave, just to see if he can get it. Unfortunately, with the military, he’s ‘married’ to them first and it’s not uncommon at all to have the green ligt to come home, only to have it changed at the last second. 🙁