Post # 1
My best friend’s daughter came over to have me dye her hair and without thinking very hard about it, I mixed the bleach powder & cream together in a mixing bowl, measuring the amount of liquid needed in a plastic measuring cup. The bowl is also plastic. I scrubbed them both to death with hot water and dish washing fluid (no dishwasher here) and they seem okay, do you think they’re safe to eat from? Or will we die from toxic remnants of bleach??
No answers on the internet, common sense says throw them out, but wallet says “no, no, just give ’em a scrub”!
Post # 3
If this makes any difference, I think that one way to sterilize drinking water in an emergency is to add a little bit of bleach to it. 🙂 I’m not sure if hair bleach contains other chemicals, though…
Post # 4
I wouldn’t use them, plastic stuff is cheap and I don’t think that it would be worth the chance. People do clean with bleach though, but I am allergic to bleach so that may play into it with me.
Post # 5
Hair bleach is made of hydrogren peroxide and ammonia. As long as you’ve washed and rinsed them thoroughly, they should be fine.
Post # 6
If it was washed, I would use it. A lot of the diners I worke din over the years added bleach to their dish water to ensure the dishes were fully sanitized. Bleach won’t hurt you!