(Closed) Mixed metals, his & hers.

posted 7 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Does your wedding bands metal match your FI's/Husband's?
    Yes. : (3 votes)
    11 %
    No. : (23 votes)
    85 %
    His has two toned or mine has two toned to match a little. : (1 votes)
    4 %
    Other/Explain : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    242 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

Our both happen to be white gold, but that’s just because it’s what we both decided we liked.  It wouldn’t have really mattered to me what type of metal he chose.  I just want him to like it so that he will enjoy wearing it πŸ™‚

Post # 4
    3671 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2011

We have different metals.  He loved the black tungsten carbide rings so he got those.  My engagement ring is 18K gold and my wedding band is 10K gold (mainly due to budget).  Here are ours together (even thought I’ve posted this picture a million times).

Post # 5
    3063 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

I will have 14k yellow gold to match my e-ring and I ordered him Tungsten (at his request). He was having a hard time deciding between yellow gold and Tungsten so I’ve been thinking of getting him a yellow gold one in addition so he can switch it up.

Post # 6
    1243 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

Yup!  I have platinum bands and he has titanium.  

Post # 7
    668 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

We dont match at all πŸ™‚ I have white gold and he has titatium…it bugs his mom lol but not us. He loves his wedding band, he wanted something like his grandpa’s (white gold 4mm band) and dads (yellow gold 4mm band) both comfort fit, but didn’t want exactly the same thing. So when I found it he fell in love. In the future I will be getting him a white gold band, for an anniversary gift, but not to match mine just so he has something a little more dressy for special occasions, or if he likes to switch out after many years of loving wearing on his currently already banged up band!

Post # 8
    310 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I was hoping to have them match, but in the end the style won out. Yellow Gold for him and Plat for me. 

Post # 8
    13099 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

Our both match but that is simply because that is what we each liked.  It wouldn’t have mattered if they were different.

The reason people suggest not having different metals in the bride’s e-ring and wedding band is that, when they are sitting next to each other and rubbing/knocking together, the different metals can damage each other.  Obviously when the rings are on two different people’s hands, that isn’t a concern.

Post # 11
    2701 posts
    Sugar bee

@Sweet.Sugar.Rose: I love your rings. I especially love Tungsten but he was very opposed to it. Mine is white gold and his is palladium and 14k yellow gold.

The topic ‘Mixed metals, his & hers.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors