(Closed) (CLOSED) Mob Mentality on the Bee

posted 5 years ago in Weddingbee
  • poll: Have you noticed threads being hijacked on the bee?
    yes : (147 votes)
    59 %
    no : (76 votes)
    31 %
    I love when that happens! : (26 votes)
    10 %
  • Post # 3
    Member
    2401 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

    @tangentialbee:  I think you stated this very well. I agree, but don’t be afraid to go against the grain on threads. I don’t mean be rude to a PP but express your true feelings to the OP even if it ruffles feathers. Does it make it awkward if you get attacked, yeah, but you forget about it and move on. I do strongly agree with PMing or starting another thread.

    Post # 4
    Member
    1850 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2015

    I used to moderate a board about this size with a team of 3. I agree with you on this, but you cannot tell people what to do and you can have the best intentions…but people are gonna do whatever the heck they want anyway. :/ I mean, banning is an option but there will always be someone else.

    I’ve noticed in the few months I’ve been here that it flares up real bad with the flaming, attacking, and snark, and then it kind of goes away for a little bit. It’s weird.

     

     

    Post # 6
    Member
    2401 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

    @sealevels:  It’s like we all PMS at the same time(; JK

    Post # 9
    Member
    3357 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

    in response to your point number 3, you’re talking to a bunch of grown WOMEN. I never expected anything different.

    Post # 10
    Member
    4275 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

    Oh I havn’t been on here for that long, but this is something that has never really seemed to change. I think the best advice I can give you is to not be afraid to go against the mob and just state your opinion. If someone decides to insult you, I wouldn’t even respond. Don’t get offended, it is just strangers on the internet, who cares right?  When somebody asks a question that they swear is in no way starting a debate “I am just curious”, I think oh boy here we go. It just causes the thread to go in circles for 10 pages. I am all for constructive criticism (I have been educated by quite a few Bees on here), but sometimes the comments can be a bit mean and/or melodramatic.  This is only my opinion though and something that I had to learn the hard way.

     

    Post # 11
    Member
    734 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

    Yeah, I agree. I think people should state what they feel and if they feel the need to correct someone else, then go ahead. But there is a way to go about it where you don’t have to be a total jerk. Some people don’t seem to know how to state their opinions without being rude about it, it seems….

    Post # 13
    Member
    1630 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

    100% agreed. I have been personally attacked SEVERAL times.I love the bee and the positive support I get 90% of the time but the other 10% I really just want to delete my account.

     

     

    Post # 14
    Member
    3830 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

    To be honest i tend to disagree. I have been on the site for a year and a half and while sometime yes there is bickering, for the most part people are pretty chill around here. 

    Sometimes i find people dont like to hear the truth if they have acted inappropriately or whatever. 

    Post # 15
    Member
    3357 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

    @Swizzle:  I agree with this. sometimes I see people who post things about inappropriate behavior and then get upset when others respond telling them that yeah they were stupid for doing that. what else are we supposed to say? Flower it up for them and make them feel better about what they did?

    I think not. 

    Post # 16
    Member
    1975 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

    I think some people need to re read what they type before hitting submit. Theres a right way to say that you dislike something and a rude way.

    Big difference between saying “yellow doesnt look good on me or fit my vision so I would perfer to avoid that colour as much as possible” 

    Compated to “yellow is hedious. I dont know why people think its a wedding colour when its so clearly NOT” 

    The topic ‘(CLOSED) Mob Mentality on the Bee’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors