(Closed) MOH scaring me. World ending in 2012?! Advice:(

posted 7 years ago in Family
Post # 3
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

You just need to ignore her.  There are a lot of things that say the world is ending in 2012 with the Mayan calendar and other things like that.  I don’t think many people put a whole lot of stock in that stuff.  Have your wedding when you want to, and tell her to shut her face about it!

Post # 4
435 posts
Helper bee

I  wouldn’t worry about it.

Post # 5
1306 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

All I know is I better have that marriage certificate signed and processed before the oceans split or the mountains come tumbling down or whatever, lol. 

Dont worry, us 2012 brides will stick together.

Post # 6
503 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

People also said the world was ending in 2000, remember? And a whole lot of nothing happened. Tell your MOH to shove it. That’s so retarded.

Post # 7
6598 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

Do you know how many times the world has supposed to have ended????

Seriously, ignore your friend and enjoy planning your wedding!

Post # 8
604 posts
Busy bee

haha its dumb dont worry…I am always saying that to scare people its just liek Y2k with all the computers crashing and there being chaos ummm nooo nothing happened!!  I go around saying see all the earthquakes thats a sign..people having been crazy as to sell their homes and such and are being scammed. SO RELAX 🙂

Post # 9
3316 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

It’s not happening.  See this article in USA Today.

And if the world were ending in 2012, why would you worry about whether you were married before then?  You’re already with him.  And it’s not like you’d have time to raise a family between now and then, regardless.

Post # 10
9057 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I wouldn’t worry about it, but if it’s supposed to end in December, you’re still set with your June wedding.  Just enough time to get married, have a great honeymoon and enjoy eachother before the world comes crashing down.  Sounds like great timing to me!

Post # 11
2788 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

My fi sent this to me a few months back:

Post # 12
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

Ignore her. She’s being ridiculous. All of those claims are complete bogus – the Mayas didn’t predict the world would end in 2012, they simply didn’t make any more calendars after that. It doesn’t mean anything.

Post # 13
1080 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

@rachael: AWESOME cartoon!

Post # 14
293 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Someone I know brought up a good point, He said “Maybe the mayans just got tired of making it and said F*ck it we’re done.”

I don’t believe in the end of the world in 2012 TBH. but whatever happens happens.

Post # 15
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Even if the Mayans DID predict that… so what? How many people have made bullshit prophecies about when the world would end? Fundamentalist Christians back in the day said the Bible said for sure that the world would end in the 1800s… we’re still here!

Post # 16
1391 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

How awful of her!! Keep planning and enjoy it 🙂 The world is NOT ending in 2012. The Mayans prob got sick of slaving over a stupid calender. 

The topic ‘MOH scaring me. World ending in 2012?! Advice:(’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors