Bummer that no one responded yet! I love looking at other people’s BM’s gifts.
I am having three ladies as sort of unofficial bridesmaids for my fake-destination wedding (it’s a destination to everyone but us, because we live in the middle of nowhere): my two best friends and my partner’s sister. I got them:
1. An enormous makeup palette from Saks Fifth Avenue that includes eye, lip, and cheek stuff
2. DKNY Saffiano leather ziptop pouch (http://www.dkny.com/bags/shop-by-shape/shop-by-silhouette/r1424906/saffiano-leather-zip-pouch) in bright red (our colors are red and light aqua. My reasoning on this is they can use this as either a clutch on the day of, or if it’s not strictly their style, they can always use it to hold pens/makeup/receipts/etc.)
3. Sterling silver earrings and necklace, based on their taste/personality (for example, one of my friends is marrying an Indian man, and we’re always joking she needs an elephant at her wedding. Her necklace has a small elephant pendant.)
4. Heart shaped sunglasses, for cute photos, though at least one of them I know will actually continue to wear it.
5. A small ’emergency’ kit I’ll assemble the week of, which will include granola/energy bars, some chocolate, water bottle, little things like that.
6. Insulated grocery tote. It’ll seem kind of silly the day of, but overall very useful. Decided on this instead of canvas tote after asking them which they’d prefer.
7. Cute ruffled umbrella. I live in a place where it’s almost guaranteed the wedding day will be incredibly hot or pouring rain.
I also bought their dresses (which they got to pick), paid for their hotel rooms, and will pay for their hair and makeup.
To be clear, this is a lot, and most people won’t buy this much for their BMs. I’m having such a small wedding, I really wanted to treat my friends, because I’m not paying for much elsewhere.