(Closed) Moms & Gowns… a long vent

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
1512 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Strained, yes. Strained about the dress, no. I’m sorry she wasn’t more supportive. I don’t really know what advice to offer since I don’t know how your relationship is with her. Just remember, it’s your day! You don’t need to try to please everyone. I know her opinion is important, but if you love it, go for it!

Do you have any pictures of you in it? I’d like to see.

Post # 4
2009 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I am sorry that happened to you.

My mom has gotten…..bizarre as she has aged so sometimes I am caught off gaurd.

If your mom is usually sort of aloof like that, I would stop moving mountains to include her. Let her see pictures, give basic info and keep it short.

You cannot control anyone else but you can control your own actions and how you respond to hers.

Post # 6
1239 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@gueritarn:  Sorry to hear that your mother did that to you, you cant control other peoples reactions and nothing makes people madder then seeing someone who is happy if they arent happy themselves. I have a strained relationship with my mother but she was surprising good on the day I choose my dress. But she has been nagging me to get married for years so she is getting her way Smile

Post # 7
268 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m sorry your mom didn’t have a better reaction. But if you love it, that’s what matters, and if your Fiance loves it, that’s what matters too!

The topic ‘Moms & Gowns… a long vent’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors