Post # 1
1. Do you think a man can love his wife and yet not be attracted to her physically/sexually?
2. Do you think a man can perform sexually even if not sexually attracted to his wife?
Thank you. Let’s share our opinions/experiences without making it a debate. My DH is going through some perfomance issues, and I’m trying to gather as much information to help him and us.
Post # 3
@candy11: yes to both..from personal experience talking to my guy friends who’ve said theyve done that
Post # 4
1) Yes. The male sex drive peaks early on, the wife’s physique may have changed or the husband’s physical preferances may have changed, and there are a variety of substances and conditions that can cause loss of interest in sex. Given how regularly women feel confident enough to stand up and say they’re just not sexually into their husbands, I think it’s a double standard to assume men can’t feel the same.
2) I think that depends on the man, but more generically, yes. I don’t think I’ve ever encountered a man who is turned on by the sight of his own left hand, but they steel seem to manage.
Post # 5
I definitely believe yes to both…and yes to the fact that a woman can do the same as well.
Post # 6
1. Yes, but there are different kinds of “love” (I love my brother, but…)
Post # 7
Love and sex can be two very different things.
Love is a feeling of the heart, and a feeling of committment. Sexual desire can just be a feeling of the moment.
Post # 8
@candy11: 1. Absolutely! Though that’s certainly not the only reason that a man could be having performance issues. Tiredness, anxiety, depression, etc. are all things that can cause problems.
2. Certainly 🙂 That being said, I think there would be a different quality to the act if he wasn’t really ‘in to it’.
Post # 9
2. maybe? Yes, If he’s thinking about someone else that turns him on.
Post # 10
- Wedding: May 2014 - Beach
Yes I do think a man can love his wife without being attracted to her. A women changes and so does a man so through the journey there might be times where you dont feel atracted to you DH or FI but you love them either way.
About sex performance I really don’t know so cant give you advice. Maybe yes but it won’t be as great as if his attracted to the woman.
Post # 11
1. Yes, there are different types of love. And you always hear the phrase “I love you but Im not in love with you” right?
2. Yes. Friction alone can get men aroused.
Post # 12
- Wedding: April 2015 - Family Farm
Just by the way you phrased the questions I wanted to ask if you know for a fact that he is not sexually attracted to you or are you feeling insecure?
Also, men go though many phases and are not as easily aroused or constantly sex craved as most media would lead you to be. Is he struggling at work? Is there a family issue or illness being delt with? Is he stressing about things at home, such as money, home maintenance anyhting like that?
I would look at his world as a whoel before I look at just the bedroom.