(Closed) More RSVPs Equals More Food! 50 to 150 in one night & counting….

posted 8 years ago in Food
Post # 3
647 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

You can’t cut down the number of guests if you’ve already invited them!  Why did you invite so many if you didn’t want a big wedding?

Inexpensive foods you could serve… pasta and bbq style sides are cheap.  But I think it sounds like you’re already serving a decent menu.  Why do you need to add more to it?

Post # 4
4485 posts
Honey bee

How many did you originally invite? If someone rsvps for additional people who were not invited, you need to get on the phone with them immediately to let them know you won’t be able to accommodate the extra uninvited people. People never rsvp for anything in a timely fashion unfortunately and always wait till the last minute, if at all, expecting you to be a mindreader as to their intentions. Once the invites are mailed, you quit inviting people.

The cost of food for everyone, as well as other expenses, is something that should have been looked into long before you sent out invites and adjusted your guestlist based on what you could afford. If a full meal is non-negotiable, look into pizza and/or pasta from a favorite pizza parlor or else call up your favorite local ethnic restaurant.

Post # 5
1765 posts
Buzzing bee

Hmmm it’s not like you can un-invite people.  Is there other ways you can cut your budget?  That’s what I’d look at.  Say -if you were planning on doing lots of flowers, look at doing candles or a DIY centerpiece?  Skipping favors?  Having a signature drink, or two, instead of an open bar?  Change from a band to a dj.  It all depends on what contracts you have put a deposit on or what contracts you have already signed. I guess more information about what’s going on with your venue.   Best Wishes! 

Post # 6
523 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m afraid you’re stuck…however I don’t think you need to change your menu just add more servings…

The topic ‘More RSVPs Equals More Food! 50 to 150 in one night & counting….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors