Mori Lee 1903 or 1923 brides, what color?

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I just ordered the Mori Lee 1903. I tried it on in the gold color because thats the only sample all the boutiques and shops had. It was the hardest decision to make because I could not decide and which color to pick either. Next to each other there is a big difference in color. In the end I ordred the dress in Ivory. The first picture is the dress in gold and the second picture is a comparison in color. Mind you the lighting is different in both pictures. 

Post # 3
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Restaurant

I tried this dress on in the store in GOLD, and what I loved the most about it was the vintage color!  So I would vote for gold.  It is a beautiful dress, and very figure flattering.  I didn’t end up getting it but it was on my top 5 for sure!

Post # 5
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

BlondeBubble: Thank you!  I felt the same way! I fell in love with the gold initially. I guess it comes down to they style of your wedding and how you want to feel in the dress. I personally felt more like a bride in the Ivory and the Gold to me felt more like a red carpet event dress. Again its all based on  your style and taste

Post # 6
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Restaurant

BlondeBubble:  I went with a Justin Alexander!

Post # 7
2763 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

The 1923 is a gorgeous dress. I’m not a fan of the sash on the 1903. I think any color but white will be beautiful. 

Post # 9
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I got Mori Lee 1903 in white…I’m thinking of removing the sash completely thou

Post # 10
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@cindy25: I just purchased the dress last weekend, also in white! Do you have any other photos you can share? I’m so anxious to see it in the actual color. (I tried it on in ivory)

Did you decide on the belt? I’m thinking I will remove it as well.

Post # 11
9 posts
Newbee

cindy25:  I just purchased the dress last weekend, also in white! Do you have any other photos you can share? I’m so anxious to see it in the actual color. (I tried it on in ivory) Did you decide on the belt? I’m thinking I will remove it as well.

Post # 12
50 posts
Worker bee

cd16:  thats awesome! for a moment there i felt like i was the only “weird” bride choosing this dress!!! here you go! ohhh and I am definitely removing the sash and maybe having just a white silk sash or a small beaded sash. 

Post # 13
9 posts
Newbee

cindy25:  Thanks for sharing! The dress looks beautiful on you. Now I can’t wait for mine to come in!

Post # 14
50 posts
Worker bee

cd16:  have you searched some sash ideas if you end up removing the one on your dress?

Post # 15
9 posts
Newbee

cindy25:  I haven’t really dove in yet, but I think I’m going to do a simple satin sash in ivory or a light campagne. They put one on the dress when I tried it on and I really liked the simplicity of it. What are you thinking?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors