(Closed) Mori Lee 2194 opinions and does anybody else have this dress??

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I think it’s gorgeous!  The beading looks pretty subtle. 

Here’s advice that my bridesmaid and event planned who has planned 600 weddings:

– 90% of the brides she works with chooses the first dress.  She did. My future mother law did as well.

-Trust your first instinct.

-Once you find your dress, stop looking.  Put your dress away  – out of sight, out of mind until alterations.  There will always be another dress to fall for but this was your first love.  Trust yourself.

GL!

Post # 4
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

CMK, I’m a little late to this party, but I wanted to tell you that I think your dress looks very pretty on you! I’ve never seen it before, but it’s stunning! The beadwork is beautiful (this from someone who isn’t big on beading for herself) and it flatters you wonderfully!

Great find. 

I know it’s easy to second guess yourself, especially with all the gorgeous mermaid dresses that are popular right now, but remind yourself of why you chose the dress in the first place. Remember the feeling you got when you put it on. 

Tell us what you love about it! 🙂 

Post # 5
7082 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2009

CMK- This was a dress that I almost picked.  It is a great dress, and very flattering on.  There was something about it that held me back and I couldn’t put my finger on it.  The price was right and the look was good.

I asked other brides who had worn it what they thought, and at least one echoed your concern.  The beading made it heavy on her wedding day.  No matter, she looked completely gorgeous in her photos!

Again, I kept having doubts about it without being able to articulate them.  I held off, and held out and found a dress that I’m crazy about.

BUT, if I had bought the Mori Lee, I think I could have been perfectly content with her!

Whatever you decide, please keep us updated!  I’m really interested to see how this ends up.

Post # 6
1276 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

My first thought when I saw it was gorgeous.  And I love the cinched satin on the bodice.  I tried a dress on with a similar detail and I think it’s *really* flattering.  The dress I tried on did not have such delicate beading, though.  I’d say that if you bought this b/c you still loved it after trying on a ton of dresses, then it’s probably the one.  But if you bought it b/c you felt like you needed to buy something that day but weren’t ever sure, then maybe it’s not.  It looks great and you will be lovely in it, but my taste is obviously not necessarily yours.  It’s important to love it, and I’m not sure if this is second thoughts or a reflection of how you felt when you ordered it.  If the former, everyone has them, don’t worry.

But, to answer your questions, I think that the A-line is slim enough that it will give you a great silhouette.  It looks like you’re holding up the smaple in the dress, so I’m guessing that it’ll be even slimmer when it’s fit to you.  You’ll probably get some of the look that you want from the mermaid, but be able to preserve that beautiful train.   The detailing is amazing…and definitely not overbearing.  So if your doubts are about the look then you have nothing to worry about…it’s stunning.

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Hi,

I’m new here. I’m getting married this June and I’m desparately searching for a dress. I’ve recently chosen this dress! I think it’s lovely. Can you let me know where you found yours? I’m trying to search for a good deal and one that would deliver on time for my wedding. Thanks. Wyn

Post # 9
7082 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2009

Wyn, where in California do you live?  I found it in Seattle.  I think it was $600 here.

Post # 11
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Hey,

It is so strange you should have these concerns!  I’m not so concerned about the weight of the dress because I don’t mind suffering as long as it looks nice haha! However, I already have this dress for my wedding in July and I keep having second thoughts.  It seems that we are similar sizes and the dresses fit us in a similar way so because of this I think we want a dress that fits us snugly that ‘shows off’ our figures.  However I keep reassuring myself that no other dresses fitted me this way and because the dress is so simple we can glam up our hair a bit more to really set it off.  

Have a look at my pic, let me know what you think.  I need it taken in as I lost weight after I ordered the dress so I also hoping that with the waist and hips sinched in the fit will be better.

Let me know how you got on with the mermaid style dresses and what youve decided!!!

[attachment=144665,7063]

Post # 13
31 posts
Newbee

After thinking about the dress so much I went to my mums (where the dress is being kept) and tried it on last night just to reassure myself.  I’m so much happier now, it is so elegant.  I just cant wait to have it taken in now haha!  I’m 5’6 to answer your question.

I agree with you I really do think that its a timeless dress and the beading on it is really crisp, I love it!

I’m having the bustle simply hooked up like a hook and eye (I’m not sure of the technical term hehe!) I tried it out when I tried it on and it looks nice.

Have you thought about bouquets?  The one I’m holding was an artificial one from the shop but I think it really suits the elegance of the dress.  What do you think?

Keep intouch, look forward to hearing how you get on!

Post # 14
31 posts
Newbee

You may be interested… I was looking for pictures of other people wearing the dress and came across some one selling one after having worn it.  She’s had it fitted to her & you can see the difference in the fit in this picture.  Only thing about this picture is that the beading looks very dull.

Post # 15
31 posts
Newbee

oooh I’ll try again, if it doesn’t work I googled ‘pictures of mori lee 2194’ and it popped it.

The topic ‘Mori Lee 2194 opinions and does anybody else have this dress??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors