(Closed) mori lee 4702 on a real bride?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I have not tried this dress on but I tried one on that was similar. I am a size 16 BUT I am only  5 feet tall…well and 1 inch..lol. So I looked like a big slice of wedding cake..LOL not exactly the look I was going for. I had to go for a chiffon A line with just a little crinoline under.

Post # 5
1805 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

It depends on your shape, more than your size, I think.  I could be the exact same dress size as a friend and she’d look great in one dress that I’d look awful in and vice versa.

I am 5’8″ and I am a 14/16 street and I have an hourglass figure… a dress like that works fine for me because it hides the hips and emphasizes the waist/bust ratio and makes my waist look smaller. 🙂

I have similar frustration in that the dresses I want to try on are NOT in local stores but I think if you tried on dresses with the same cut you’d have a good idea.  Just take pictures with you and try and match the sihlouette of the dress and ignore the other features like fabric or trim or color.   The pattern is what is going to matter and that’s not something that I would think would be hard to find to try on (even if you had to try on prom or quince dresses to find the same cut)…

Post # 6
1701 posts
Bumble bee

It really does depend on your shape.  I think the ruching on top would be flattering to most people.  Do you have a Davids Bridal near you?  You could try on this dress, which has a similar shape, although the DB dress looks a little poofier.  You can also ask a local store to “borrow” the manufacturers sample.  You usually have to pay btw $25-$75 fee that can be put towards a dress.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Ball-Gown-Featuring-3D-Floral-Details-CWG322_Bridal-Gowns-Features-Designer-Gowns-Oleg-Cassini

Post # 7
513 posts
Busy bee

@stephanie63087: Hopefully you can find something similar. I think because you are like way taller than me it would look a lot different than on me… It is so hard to order something you have never tried on..even if you find something similar. Kind of sucks. I am sorry.

Post # 9
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I would like to see it on someone as well, i wish i could see this one .. but i think i’m going with the ml 4524, which is close in design to this one..

maybe you could try on the 4524 and see if you like the fit  on your body?  i think that sample might be easier to come by..

Post # 11
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I tried on a Mori Lee one that was almost identical (possibly the 4524) . It fit the same as that one at least. I’m a street size 8-10 and as much as I loved the idea of that dress, it wasn’t very flattering on me. I have hips and that dress just made them look larger. The top is very flattering and will make your waist look super tiny, but then it just explodes from there (at least it did on me). So as much as I loved the dress, I passed on it and went for an aline dress instead. But that doesn’t mean it won’t look gorgeous on you. I would go try the 4524 one because they will fit the same, the one you want just has added bling.

The topic ‘mori lee 4702 on a real bride?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors