Mori lee 5108

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
10840 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@NewbieBride: Beautiful dress. Either a fingertip length veil or even a birdcage… I got a slip for my dress to give it more oomph. Shoe wise get what heel height you’re more comfortable in and colour wise either subtle or you could incorporate one of the colours from your colour scheme.

Post # 3
29 posts
  • Wedding: May 2014

I am doing a simple, but dramatic cathedral length veil with my Mori Lee 5018 because it goes more with the style of my wedding. One thing I wish I would have known before: veils at the bridal shops are super pricey! Check out Etsy or have your tailor make you one. I’m also doing 3.5 inch heels. Some super hot Vince Camutos. In my opinon, the taller you are, the thinner you look! 🙂 My seamstress is also sewing in a few extra layers underneath to make it stay poofy, along with cups so I can go bra-less. (And I’m a 34DD!)  It’s a corset back so it will hold you in really well! 🙂 No need for a slip, you don’t want an extra layer that could add thickness.  

Post # 4
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

NewbieBride:  this is my dress too! 🙂 I haven’t purchased my veil yet, but I am going with a fingertip length veil. It will probably be very simple so it doesn’t “clash” with my casual, relaxed wedding. I HAVE purchased my shoes, though! Sparkly gold ballet flats from Payless for $20. My fiance is only 1 inch taller than me so I knew heels were out of the question, but I still wanted sparkly shoes, so the flats worked best for me! 

I am not sure if I am buying the fit-n-flare slip for it, yet, or if I will have my seamstress sew more netting underneath like the above poster ^^ 

Post # 5
372 posts
Helper bee

Welcome to the Bee! I’m a ML5108 bride too 🙂 I got a “floor length” (72 inch) veil from etsy, one layer- super simple! And I personally need to wear some kind of heel because I’m very short. The dress will lose too much off the bottom in alterations if I don’t wear heels. I’m hoping to find some really cute & comfy heels! I’m not going to wear a slip, because some days I already feel like this dress overwhelms my petite frame, I don’t need any more poof 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors