Mori Lee 5108 sizing help please!! Ordering online from Australia

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
191 posts
Blushing bee

This is a corset, definetly order the 8. The sample size I tried on was actually my street size and fit relatively well aside from the chest. I am proportionate and a 36dd so I’m guessing the chest is going to end up big regardless. I know nothing about alterations but I would say it would be the most important that this dress for your hips.  Also, I am 6′ and did not need extra length but also am not wearing heels. I would recommend it only of you’re wearing large heels. 

Post # 4
245 posts
Helper bee

I have the mori lee 5108, in UK sizes, the 12 was a perfect fit for me(and I’m a UK 12 with a proportionate body)so I think the sizing is quite accurate, you’ll have a degree of flexibility because of the corset back, because of this I actually decided to order the smaller UK size 10 as I was planning on losing a few pounds and it’s a better fit on my average sized chest, only slightly tighter on the hips than the 12 which I prefer & because of the corset back still fits my waist and back. You can’t go wrong with either the 6 or the 8 in my opinion, there will be very little difference in the hips. I’m 5’4 and the length is fine(sits on the floor)as long as I wear a hoop underskirt to lift the hem about 3 inches and wear 5 inch heels, so at 5’10 the dress will probably still be a couple inches long but I assume you’re wearing heels anyway?

Post # 6
191 posts
Blushing bee

janeee:  As far as the waist, while I am not very overweight I am definetly a curvy girl and I looked sooooo tiny in this dress. I literally looked like I lost 50lbs when I put it on!

Post # 7
245 posts
Helper bee

janeee:  If you want a small waist you’ll absolutely love this dress, it took inches off mine! I agree the tighter the better, and I made sure I could still sit down etc in the 10 so if I was you I would go for the 6, post some pics when it arrives! 🙂

Post # 9
245 posts
Helper bee

janeee:  I tried ivory but went for the white, there’s barely any difference but I’m having a destinations wedding and want my tan to pop in my dress! Some people said the white looked cheap but I really don’t think so it looks lovely and clean whereas the ivory was a little dull for me, I have some pics in a mori lee thread if you want to compare as I think most people choose ivory.

Post # 10
2791 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - Walnut Hill Bed & Breakfast

I’m pretty sure I tried this on in the store in a US 10, which is pretty much my “normal size”. Although the size chart I found suggests I should wear a 12 according to measurements…. It’s possible the sample was streched. But with a corset back you should have some room if you’re ‘between sizes’. My waist is 31 and my hips are 41, small bust, 5’3.  

Have you tried a dress like this on before? I looked amazing in it… but I couldn’t walk. Couldn’t seperate my thighs. It was so uncomfortable. I waddled to the mirror and then waddled right back to take it off. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors