Mori Lee 5108 – Undergarments?

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@jak609:  Hi! i haven’t bought anything yet but i feel like i’ll end up in something like this:

Seamless Bustier

i found this one online at Fredrick’s of Hollywood. It looks like it gives lift but also cinches you in 🙂

Post # 4
374 posts
Helper bee

I will probably just sew cups into the top, but I really think this dress could benefit from a mermaid slip. Does anyone have any pics of the dress with crinoline? 

Post # 5
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I’m a Mori Lee 5108er too! I was thinking of doing an undergarment that cinches my waist but loosened up just a bit around the hips down into the legs. Maybe the kind that turns in to shorts on the bottom. There’s shapewear that has little butt cheek holes so it doesn’t flatten your bum down. Important since that dress is fitted through there. I’m curvy, but still on the thinner side. I want undergarments to smooth me out and accentuate my curves! I’m still on the look out for the right undergarments, too – but those are just my thoughts! 🙂   

Post # 6
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I’m having my first fitting next Wednesday and just purchased my undergarments today Surprised I ended up with a bustier and a fit/flare slip to help keep the bottom of the dress flared out as I walk down the aisle (plus is just looks nice and full with a crinoline slip under).

Dominique longline smooth strapless bra in nude: http://www.hourglassangel.com/longline-smooth-strapless-bra-by-dominique-8541?gclid=CNzb7ru76LsCFSbNOgod3kYAlw

Fit and Flare Slip by David’s Bridal: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Fit-and-Flare-Slip-550

I wasn’t sure if a bustier was really necessary since this dress really does a great job of holding you in – but I figured it couldn’t hurt to have a little extra support to keep the ladies in place.  The slip was a bit of a last minute impulse order online.  I saw several other ones on ebay that looked good for much less but I had tried this David’s Bridal one on in store with some of their mermaid dresses and it seemed pretty standard.  I just hope it arrives in time for my fitting next Wednesday – FINGERS CROSSED! 

Post # 7
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@alphabetstew: How did your fitting go? Did the undergarments work?!

Post # 8
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I feel like this dress is so tight I dont have any room for shareware lol I plan on wearing a strapless bra and cute panties only. I wish I could wear sexy lingerie under but again, its so tight you would see the lingerie!

Post # 8
575 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Just wanted to bump this thread to ask if anyone with the corset version had a modesty panel included with the dress or was it just the corset strings to tie you up and then you had to wear an undergarmet to cover your back? Thaks very much!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors