Post # 1
• 6:00 am-hair/makeup (I’ll get my hair “prepped” the night before and do makeup/hair at the same time)
• 8:00 am- pictures at hotel with bridesmaids and first touch
• 9:00 am- Travel to venue (appx 10 mins)
• 9:30 am- Ceremony starts
• 10:00-11:00 am -Bride/Groom Pics and Wedding Party/Family Pics (simultaneously having the “mocktail hour” (alcohol free)
• 11:00-11:15- Bride/Groom Entrance and First Dance
• 11:30 – 12:30- Brunch and Cake-Cutting
• 12:30 – 1:30 – Dances (Honeymoon Dance/Parent Dances)
• 1:30 -2:00- Shoely Wed Game
• 2:00 – Garter/Bouquet Toss
• 2:30 – Dancing/Mingling/Karaoke (karaoke is up in the air but i want to)
Post # 3
@lawbride88: Looks good to me! The only thing is…I’m unsure about the amount of time you’ve alotted for the dances (honeymoon/parent dances) and the shoely wed game – those don’t feel like things that will last quite as long as you indicated. That being said, I guess more is always better, and if you end up with extra time, it’ll be more dancing/mingling/karaoke time!
Post # 5
@pengoala: I figure that people will be moving around and not moving seamelessly from one thing to the next…so I don’t want to FEEL constrained on time if that makes snese.
Post # 6
@lawbride88: Yep it makes sense!
Post # 7
I would allot more time for getting ready. We had a 10:30 ceremony and started getting ready at 5:00. Then again we had several people getting hair and makeup done. We had about a 15 minute drive to the venue and did most pics beforehand (other than those with bride and groom).
Our DOC and hair/makeup people figured out the timeline and it worked really well.
Post # 8
@oneofthesethings: My hairdresser and makeup artist are working on me at the same time–so I’ll have 2 hours for them to make me beautiful. I messed up the timeline. Pictures aren’t until 8:30 and I think we are going to do them at the venue instead of the hotel since the photographer won’t truly capture me getting ready anyway.