(Closed) Moving to New Zealand

posted 5 years ago in New Zealand
Post # 3
Member
1473 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@april79:  I pm’d you, but didn’t notice the part where you said you were a teacher (I was too, but primary). I noticed you said daycare – if you have a bachelors in Early Childhood Education I suggest you contact the New Zealand Teacher’s Council and obtain registration (I don’t know about other qualifications – might as well contact them!). If not, I would try looking at different job websites. 80% NZ teachers in ECE centres must be qualified and registerted, but that still leaves 20% of positions to look for otherwise. Good luck.

NB – I know most of the ECE specific stuff through my mother, who’s an ECE teacher. If I have got any info wrong, and any kiwi bees want to correct me, I’m more than happy to be corrected!

Post # 5
Member
1473 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@april79:  Japan at the moment. Trying to plan between three countries!

 

Enjoy. Anything I can do to help, let me know!

Post # 7
Member
90 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Just wanted to check that you were aware of the situation in Christchurch at the moment – that the recovery from the earthquake is still only just underway and there are housing shortages. My fiance’s parents live in Christchurch and I’m not sure if I would want to move there right now. There are still regular aftershocks etc.

Post # 9
Member
1240 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@april79:  yes there have been over 9000 aftershocks i believe. they are rebuilding but some parts are still very damaged especially the city centre. if you google it you will find out more info. its a beautiful city though.

Post # 11
Member
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

There arnt regular aftershocks anymore..I havent felt one in ages!

They are so deep and small that they cant be felt

But the housing shortage is something you would need to look into first

Post # 12
Member
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@kate_goat:  There have been several in the last few days and not just limited to Christchurch but other parts of NZ also. 

The topic ‘Moving to New Zealand’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors